Chapter Thirty-One; The Immortals

Damon PROV:

There was nothing I can do as I watched Penelope life less body disappear. That's what happens if a person died in the Land of the Immortals. You disappear and sink into the ground.

The Immortal Queen still thought of me as Laurent as her beady eyes watched my every move, "I have to say Laurent. I didn't think you had it in you." she walked back into her throne as I stood there angrily,

"I didn't either." I muttered, after finally being back in my body fighting Laurent soul inside mine which was cold and dark. I was finally back to being myself.

"Well." she gazed down towards her feet where a small bag was placed. It belonged to Penelope no use of it now since she's gone, "Here. I don't find it a bit useful at all." 

She threw me the light weighted bag as I catch it with ease. I zipped open the bag seeing two shiny crystals. I quickly closed it and decided I should just leave.

"Leaving so soon?" The Queen asked, pouting her lips, "Just because the action vanished, doesn't mean that it can magically reappear?"

I wasn't in the mood to 'woo' the Queen especially someone who wanted Penelope killed, "I've got other things to do."

"Laurent, don't act like this! You were the one to give me this power! At least let me repay you."

Tempting as it was. I just couldn't bring myself to say yes. All I wanted was for her to bring back Penelope back from the dead, but she would catch on and realize that I'm not Laurent.

"Sorry, but I must leave." I announce heading to the door as the Queen yelled.

"Will don't forget to come visit me!" she shouted,

I highly doubt that I will ever come visit this retread place where Penelope died.

_                           _                                 _                                _                                        _

There was a small spot in my heart that only wanted me to be happy and move on, but all I could think of was that this was all my fault. If I hadn't just let Laurent control me like that and that I had the strengths to release me then Penelope would be fine.

I had no idea where Erik was and if he was okay, but I had a feeling that he was better than where I was.

I had no place to stay, so I decided to camp out under a cave. It was the least I could do since the clouds seemed to get darker by the second. I haven't seen it get this dark since the day Laurent turned Erik and I into Immortals.

_                                         _                                _                                        _                     _

Erik PROV:

I felt this hard pinch on my legs and then it started spreading all over. I panicked as I cried out Serena name, "Serena, something is w-w-wrong."

The air in my lungs felt like I was under water and I hadn't came out. I gazed out into the sky as the thunder erupted and the clouds became so dark.

Serena came running towards me with wood in her hands. She screamed, "Y-Y-Y-Your skin is peeling." she screamed out in horror as I touched my face feeling my skin peel off and turn into dust.

I began to panic even more as I cried out, "What's happening to me?" I asked,

Again the feeling of being under water flashed back again as I clenched my chest harder trying to catch my breath, "W-W-Well?"

Serena began to cry as fresh tears dripped down her face, "She didn't make it." she cried,

I didn't have to say another word as Serena rushed over to me and touched my head gently smoothing my hair, "I'm sorry." I came all this way to rescue Penelope to only fail. Now with her gone I'm going to follow along with her.

_                          _                                        _                                         _                                _

Damon PROV:

I was sweating uncontrollably and my heart ached. I had to find him no matter what. He was going to pay for all of this even if I was weak or not.

The rain poured hard and fast, but that didn't stop me from moving. I knew exactly where Laurent was.

In the tower where it began and where it will all end.