The Immortals~ Ch.16

Chapter Sixteen,

It felt like ages as we past a sign that read,

1 mile: Calvin Valley.

Damon read as we past it. I groaned in frustration, "Hey it was your own fault that you came with me."

"I didn't come with you, I came by myself. In tell you came and found me. So really, you came with me."

"Whatever, you still came." he rolled his eye's, It was only becoming night time. And I hated that feeling when I knew I would be having to share a blanket with a animal. And when I mean animal I mean Damon. I snickered at my own foolish joke, Damon gave me a glare.

"I heard that." he said while clenching his fists.

"Well, If you don't like hearing what I'm thinking, then please stop reading my mind!" I said while aggravated, crossing my arms together.

"I would, but your interesting. Come on. Who talks to themselves inside there head?"

I felt my face heating up, "Everyone."

"Really? That's odd." HE laughed. I was so close to slap him when we heard footsteps, "Here hide here." He pushed me to a large tree. 

"Wait, I want to help too."

"I think you've helped enough."

"What is that suppose to mean?" but I never got my question answered because he was gone in a flash. I stood there behind the tree, like an idiot. I slid down landing on the ground. I found a stick near by me and started to play with the dirt. Drawing curves and lines in tell it said, Esmeralda. I missed her so much. Just wish I could see her once more. I rested my head on the tree behind me. Hearing the birds chirp around me. Closing my eye's wanting to feel like nature was taking me in. I pictured inside my head the features of Esmeralda. How her high cheek bones flushed red when I did something wrong. Her short pixie blond hair that made her face longer. Her blue eye's that were the same like our mom. I smiled as I could practically see her. Wanting to hear her annoying laugh when I messed up on something. I felt some one's arm go around my waist. Opening my eye's to see not those dark blue eye's, but light brown eye's.

"Is she okay?" A women asked,

"Yeah, I guess so." The guy with the light brown eye's answered. He had dark brown hair, broad shoulders and a smile to kill for.

"Daniel, please go get something for her to wear. She stinks." I stood up on all two's.

"Who are you?" Finally speaking up,

"Well, I'm Mrs. Taylor, and this is my son Gabriel. Oh, and over there is my daughter Samantha." A short girl who also had those same light brown eye's like her brother. She had a pair of ripped pants and a shirt that said: Just because I'm short doesn't mean I can't hurt you. Yeah I could totally tell that she wanted to show she could defend herself. Her short hair kind of remained me of Esmeralda, but I shook it off. I smiled at them. That's when I remembered about Damon. Where was he? He said he would be back. You don't think he would've left without me?

"Child? What are you doing here by yourself?" Mrs. Taylor asked,

"Well, I was with my friend Damon."

"A boyfriend?" I looked up to see Gabriel clearly disappointed,

"No, a friend, more like an annoying friend."

"If he's that annoying then why are you with him?" Samantha asked,

"Well, were looking for his brother."

"Oh my gosh! How old is he?"

"Well, he's eighteen."

"Oh?" Mrs Taylor said,

"Well, thanks for the generosity, but I got to go find my friend."

"Oh, well would you clearly mind, if we give you a pair of new clothes? Or a shower?"

Wow I really stink that bad? "Um, sure I guess. If I'm not bothering?"

"No, No. We love guest at Calvin Valley."

"Wait? I'm in Calvin Valley?"

"Of course silly, the nicest place in town." she smiled and lead me threw a big house that I clearly miss out. It was white and the door was painted red. She smiled as she urged me to enter. I felt something wrong about this. Like come on who would let some stranger inside there house to get some clean pair of clothes and a hot shower. But maybe I'm being negative about this. I turn around to see Mrs. Taylor, Gabriel, and Samantha come into one whole person. I almost screamed if it wasn't how shocked I was.Taylor, Gabriel, and Samantha turned into an old lady with gray hair. She was wearing a white gown and a creamy colored jacket over it. Her light brown eye's looked at me. Her wrinkly smile made me quiver,  "Penelope we've been waiting for you."

*******************************************************************************************

Damon PROV:

"Penelope! Penelope! Penelope?" I yelled out as I came to the exact same spot I left her. I almost went in range when I didn't see her.

"Shit, Penelope!" I punched the tree which shook and made birds fly off into the sky. Where could she have wondered off to now? I ran my hands threw my hair. Great this is the seconded time she's doing this to me! I come back finding out that were all ready in Calvin Valley and there's a Bed and Breakfast not to far away from here. Now I come back and she's gone. This better not be because I told her to stay put? Because this time I'm not going to let that girl out of my sight once I catch her.

"PENELOPE!" I scream one more time as I see a huge house behind an overlarge oak tree. The door was painted red. Maybe she may have wondered there. I should go check it out.

*********************************************************************

Ooooooh! What's going to happen? Guess we have to find out don't we:)