25.

Jackson

Jinyoung and I have been talking on the phone and texting. But it just didn't feel right without him by my side. Our conversations mostly ended with me convincing him that my parents would be okay. And that I would like to formally introduce myself to his parents. Most importantly, how much I miss him.

It was finally the day. He was flying over to China and I had driven to the airport. I kept scrolling on my phone to constantly check on Jinyoung's flight while waiting in the carpark.

From: My Park King Squishy Jinyoungie

I'm on the plane!
See you in a bit.

Hurry over.
I can't wait.
I miss you.

Trying.
Taking off. See you.

I reread our messages, bouncing my legs in excitement. I made sure to get security for both of us as I left the car to wait for him at the gate as his plane landed.

Some passengers started filtering out, glancing my way as I stood there I shifted from one foot to the other. Some fans spotted me and started to crowd around, asking for autographs and snapping photos. I smiled politely, waving at them while the security stopped anyone from getting too close.

My palms started sweating and I felt as though some elephants decided to start a stampede in my stomach. I had no idea why I was so nervous. I craned my neck to see if I could spot him, shoving my hands into my pockets.

More fans started to crowd around, a few of them asking whether I was flying somewhere or waiting for someone. I smiled awkwardly in response, not knowing how to reply when I saw Jinyoung exit with some security crew.

"Jinyoungie" I shouted, rushing towards him. The fans started screaming as they spotted him as well, snapping photos.

"What...?" Jinyoung said, his face frozen in shock as he took in the amount of fans that gathered. I controlled my laughter, looking down at his hands.

I grabbed his bag, carrying it for him as I took his other hand in mine and dragged him towards the carpark, the security team escorting us.

I waited till we were alone in the car before turning to face him. I gripped his face in my hand, smiling as I squished his cheeks.

"I've missed you so, so much" I smile, pulling him close. His eyes fluttered shut as I learned forward, to capture his lips. He let out a little sigh, his arms snaking around my waist as I kissed him, cupping his face nearer.

I leaned my forehead against his, trying to slow my heart down when we stopped to catch our breath. I released his jaw, wrapping my arms around him instead.

"I missed you too" he muttered, his eyes still shut as he leaned on my shoulder.

"Look at me then" I teased, smiling as he peeked at me from under his eyelashes. He smiled shyly back as I squeezed him tighter.

We sat there staring at each other when I remembered that we were supposed to get dinner with my parents.

"Let's go" I smiled, settling into the driver's seat as he sat back and buckled himself in.

I could tell that he was nervous as he kept his gaze straight, biting his lip and fiddling with his fingers.

"Please stop tempting me with your lips" I groaned, taking his hand in mine when I hit a red light.

He released his lip but kept quiet, choosing to keep his gaze straight even as I interlaced our fingers and squeezed his palm.

I continued holding his hand as I drove, squeezing it occasionally as he was quiet throughout. It wasn't until we hit another red light that he turned to look at me.