Chapter 14 - Pulling me back

Four hours of broken sleep and Harry disappeared to have a shower, Louis was rudely awoken by the horrific sounds of Dakota's moans. If it weren't for Harry, well, he would have strangled that bitch with his own bare hands. If there was a line Dakota had crossed it, for all the good she had done in the group it was completely annihilated by her recent behaviour. For every heart she broke, there was another quickly lining up, only to be crushed by her twisted smile and expensive stilettos.

He clamped his hands over his ears but the sound of her laughter was ringing in his mind, the sound of her moans etched into his memory. Louis opened his eyes, now too disturbed to sleep and opposite him, across the aisle sat Niall. Niall was staring blankly ahead and his jaw was clenched. Louis sucked in a breath knowing exactly how 'that' felt, seeing someone you loved in the arms of another.

Not that long ago it was Louis in Niall's shoes, feeling the sting of heartache.

He remembered seeing Harry pull Logan close and kiss him passionately, it nearly broke Louis.

Nearly.

Just thinking of it, of Logan brought a sting to his eyes and his stomach twisted into knots. Logan, though dead was still a hurtful notch on Harry's bedpost and one neither were willing to forget. A ghost that seemed to be the unavoidable third wheel.

Louis couldn't forget Logan and how he was there for Harry when Louis wasn't. How he would most likely pull Harry into his arms, hold him as he cried about his broken heart. The feel of Louis' betrayal that ran like poison through his veins. Louis hated that he had caused Harry such pain, nor could he believe that in a matter of days they would finally be saying 'I do' under a blanket of stars in the South Pacific.

Harry couldn't forget Logan because Logan had been such an important part of his life, he was there and never left Harry's side. Louis often tried to talk about Logan with Harry but it was a touchy subject and he respected the boundaries. Louis wondered how much of Logan's death Harry blamed himself for. None of it was Harry's fault, Logan was shrouded in his own dark past and running from a broken heart when his partner died. Louis didn't like Logan, he would be the first to admit that but he never wished for the model to die and in that way... he shuddered.

Zayn was reclined in the thick, cushioned chair, wrapped up in a tangle of blankets and his head beneath a brown pillow. His snores were muffled by the pillow and every once in a while he grumbled indecipherable words beneath his breath.

Niall was like a statue, his seat upright and headphones in his ears blasting music to try and drown out that whores voice. His hands were clenched on the armrests, knuckles white. A vein pulsated in his throat, he was grinding his teeth. Then Louis heard her voice soften, moans subsided and only the hum of the jet filled his ears.

Harry was in the shower closest to Liam and Jennifer's bed and Louis could almost hear the soft sound of his voice as he sung. The sound of Harry singing sent electricity through his body, made his heart beat in overtime and a menagerie of butterflies explode in his stomach. He loved Harry, that was the only thing he was sure of.

Having Harry separated from him for two months was agony, Louis suffered from guilt and far too many sleepless nights.But now Harry was back, breathing and breathtaking with his soft skin riddled with meaningful tattoo's and thick curly hair like a lions mane. Louis smiled to himself but it was short lived.

He gazed back at Niall, the dark circles under his eyes looked like he had been punched. Louis sat up and waved but Niall didn't glance at him so he unwrapped himself from the layers of blankets and grabbed Harry's green beanie.

Niall glanced up and Louis took his hand as Niall yanked his headphones out with shaking hands, "Come with me." Louis gestured to the lounge room further down the jet, they would have privacy there. Niall merely replied with a solemn nod. His jaw so tightly clenched it was impossible for any words to escape his gritted teeth.