Chapter 2 - This is how we do

This is how we do

Louis woke with a start, then he registered the blinding bright lights and children squealing. Louis groaned, his head was heavy and his eyes burned from the fluorescent lights. Then giggles filled the air and hushed whispers, Louis blinked again, convinced it was a dream. He rubbed his eyes, the children gazing down at him with jaws dropped still stood around him, wide eyed and with no idea who he was. “Hello?” He croaked looking at a little boy, probably three. 

The boy smiled and pulled his hair, “You fell ‘sleep in the ball.”

“Huh?” Louis blinked then he looked down at his body, he was neck deep in a ball pit. “What the-“ he bit his lip as the children watched him. 

“What the, what the!” They started chanting and laughing hysterically. 

Louis tried to sit up but every time he moved he sunk deeper into the colourful plastic balls, “Harry?” He called. 

There was no response, Louis looked around and his mind was blown. How the hell did I end up in a… he looked around, indoor children’s play centre… He was so stunned at where he was that he just started laughing loudly, “Harry?” He called again and then groaned as his head thumped. 

All of a sudden a wave of colourful balls began to move and a mop of brown, curly hair appeared worse for wear. His face was bruised and he had lipstick down his neck, mardi bra beads around his neck, a lot of them and very, very bloodshot eyes. “L-“ His voice broke. 

“What the, what the, what the,” sounded around them as kids continued to chant loudly. 

Louis smirked, he, well, he swam over to Harry in the ball pit and quickly kissed him. “Do you remember last night?”

Harry moaned, “My head.”

“Me either,” Louis burst into a fit of giggles and began throwing the plastic balls at Harry’s head. 

“Best night ever?” Harry asked as he looked at the frowning parents. Then, they registered who the boys were and the cameras began flashing. “I know we should be running from them but I…” Harry frowned, his face turning a strange shade of green. 

“Harry are you-“

Harry threw up into the ball pit and Louis laughed with an amused look on his face as he softly rubbed Harry’s back. “Where do you reckon we are?”

“No idea babe,” Louis smiled. He stood up and took Harry by the hand, “Come on.”

A staff member rushed over, her blonde hair pulled into a tight bun, “Come with me,” she quickly gestured as a small crowd began to build and the hysterical screams started. “I’ll help you get out of here.”

“How did we…” Harry wiped his mouth as Louis helped him out of the ball pit and he stumbled on his feet. “What the fuck, Louis I shouldn’t have drank.”

“You’re okay,” Louis whispered as he playfully bit Harry’s ear, still drunk and not really taking in the reality of their situation. 

“I don’t know,” She smiled. “We rocked up at work and you were just sleeping, I left you because, well,” she shrugged as she opened the kitchen door, “I forgot and then the kids found you.”

“We’re so sorry,” Harry squeezed her arm.

“Take a photo with me?” She asked holding up her iPhone, “Then we’re even.”

“I look like shit,” Harry mumbled but forced a smile and hid behind Louis as she took a few photos. 

“Can I borrow that phone?” Louis asked. 

She nodded and handed it to him. 

“Where’s yours?” Harry asked. 

Louis leant against one of the silver, industrial fridges as it hummed quietly. “I gave it to Niall and then,” he frowned. “Fuck,” Louis began laughing. “I can’t remember.”

Harry smiled as he chugged down a bottle of water the girl had graciously given him, “My face is killing me,” he groaned. 

Louis looked at him, then blinked, “Well you have two black eyes.”

“Fuck,” Harry chuckled, “What the hell happened last night?”

“I’ll call Niall,” Louis said as he began calling Niall but he didn’t answer. “Call Peter?”

“Yeah,” Harry nodded as he turned to the blonde girl who was keeping the kitchen clear, “Can you give us an address?”

She frowned, “Big night?”

Louis smiled and looked at Harry with a knowing smile, “Sort of,” he sighed. 

After Louis called Peter he leant against the counter, “You have no idea how much I want to kiss your bruised face right now.”

“I love you Tomlinson,” Harry whispered, “Even if I can’t remember the buck’s night.”

“We’ll try better at the wedding?” He smiled, “Three days!”

Harry beamed and then groaned as his face ached, “My face!”

Louis pouted, “Babe, looks so bad.”

“Badge of honour?” 

“Logan did teach you how to throw a good punch,” Louis smiled, vaguely remembering Harry going ballistic at someone and hitting them three times before their minders swarmed the boys. 

“Who the hell did I hit?” Harry groaned. 

“You hit Justin Bieber,” The blonde girl smiled as she played with her ponytail. “You got him pretty good, too.”

Harry’s jaw dropped and Louis broke into a fit of laughter. 

"Jesus, Lou," Harry held up his cracked iphone. "Look at Twitter."

Louis wiped the tears from his eyes as he continued to laugh, "I'd say it was the best night ever!"

Harry chuckled, "We could write a song about the best song ever, to go with our best night?" He rolled his eyes, "Could work."

"Always thinking about music," Louis began and then his stomach groaned and he was quick to turn to the sink as he began throwing up. "Fuck," Louis moaned as he washed his mouth with the tap. "I'm still drunk."

Harry groaned holding his head, "Me too."

"The car's here," She smiled at the two. "Have fun you guys," she winked and then whispered, "I ship Larry, just so you know."

Harry gave her the biggest hug and kissed the side of her head, "You're amazing blondie," then he bolted towards the door and stopped as sunlight began trickling through. "Pap alert, Lou."

Louis growled, "You leave out this door and send him back to get me?"

"No," Harry shook his head, "Come on," Peter was at the door and the car was only five steps away but five steps was a lot when there were hundreds of camera weilding nutcases in wait. "On three?" Harry asked. 

Louis shut the door for a moment, "One," he kissed Harry. "Two," he kissed him again and for a brief moment was tempted to kick the door open, kiss Harry infront of the world. But he decided against it, "Love you Curly," he giggled and on three he pulled away, dropping Harry's face in his hands and they ran straight into the chaos.