Chapter 11 - Come fly with me

The jet was pristine, Harry and Louis owned it after the boys's first album went platinum. Dakota felt her heart lurch at the extravagance, she had never been on a private jet - nor did she imagine ever being on one. The interior was beige, as was the floor and bright, white lights shone brightly in white strips along the roof.

There was little chatter amongst everyone, she felt partially responsible for the awkward, bitter silence. This should be a happy time, Louis and Harry were finally getting married. Dakota felt a little blasphemous for being among the wedding party, after all, she was partially the reason it had taken the boys so long to reconcile.

She gripped the black handle of her leather, Guess handbag and sucked in a breath, ten plush seats with soft headrests and wide seats spread out ahead of her. There were six individual seats huddled in twos, facing each other and only separated by the frosted glass of coffee tables. They had extendable tables for people to work on, just like a regular aeroplane but the leg room alone left Dakota with an enormous smile.

Everything seemed cleaner, brighter on the jet or perhaps it was because she was on a jet! She looked at the leather seats, they looked like Lay-Z Boy recliners, gone were the days of flying economy with the riff-raff.

Four seats were together, two on each side and she saw Porter sit down opposite Jennifer and Liam. Jennifer was groaning, she was hungry and thirsty and her ankles were killing her. Liam was glaring at Porter as he kissed her cheek.

Niall brushed past her, silent as he sat opposite Zayn and immediately shoved in a pair of headphones. She didn't look at him or give him the satisfaction of meeting his eyes. Why should she? He was the one that ran off?

Harry was behind Dakota, his hand gently resting on the small of her spine and he whispered, "You okay?"

She blinked, "Yes." No.

"I'm here," Harry whispered and pressed a kiss on the side of her head.

Louis ignored her as he pushed past and took his seat, he began talking to Zayn across the isle and she just sighed. Dakota often wondered when, if ever Louis would put the past behind him and let her in. He hated her, truly despised her and it was evident from the look in his eyes and the scowl on his thin lips. She tried to get closer, especially when Harry was in rehab but it was useless.

Louis was like a brick wall, when he looked at her he oozed disgust and she hated it. She wanted him to like her, Harry promised he would but she wanted Louis to like her of his own accord. Every time Louis glared at her or rolled his eyes it was simply another reminder of the person she was.

No matter how far Dakota ran, she could never get away from her past. It frightened her, the question always looming in the back of her thoughts... could she ever really change?

The flight attendant that would be covering their flight was blonde, freckled and her eyelashes so pale they looked like woven gold. She was wearing a nude lipstick, her hair pulled into a tight bun that rested at the back of her neck. She was wearing a beautiful, orange blouse with black lining along the collar, sleeves and buttons.

"May I take your bag?" She smiled, her voice was light and high pitched.

Dakota blinked, "Oh," she stepped backwards away from her seat next to Porter and bumped into Niall.

He glanced at her but then he looked away with a sigh, his hand unconsciously rose to the red welt on his face. He traced the shape of her fingers imprinted in his cheek. She stepped forward, flustered as her hair fell in her eyes.

"Your bag?" The pixie-like blonde asked again.

"Yes," Dakota forced a smile, "Thank you."

"Please," She gestured with her slender arm to the empty seat next to Porter. "Take a seat."