The CD

I turned around to see the man towering over me, I turned towards the stairs and sprinted, faster than I ever thought I could. I ran down the hallway, dad following close behind. I went to my room and quickly shut and locked the door. Dad banged on the door, "Get out here. I need to talk to you."

"I can hear you just fine from here." I yelled back.

"I-I'm sorry Tyler. I have not behaved right through this, I've abandoned you guys when you needed me the most." He sounded genuinely sorry.

"We didn't need you dad, we took care of ourselves. We had our friends and family help us when we needed it. Josh, Jenna, and Zack have been here for me more than you would've ever been. You messed up, and I don't think there's anything you can do to fix this." A tear ran down my face but I kept my voice stern.

"Please Tyler, give me another chance. I'll fix this." Maybe he really meant it.

"I-I'm sorry. I can't forgive you for this."

"Tyler, please." He banged on the door in anger.

"No, you did this. There's nothing you can do, we made our choice." I stood up and pulled my phone from my pocket, "Now leave."

"Okay, Tyler. But remember, later, when you all need me. Remember that it's your fault I won't help you worthless kids." He hit the door again then I heard him walk away.

"At least it won't be my fault if one of us ends up in the hospital." I continued to dial Zack's number.

"Hey." Zack said into the phone.

"Hey, fair warning, dad's pissed." I said as I started to change into different clothes.

"Why? You're already home? Why didn't you tell me?"

"Yeah, I am. He and I had a conversation about what's going to be happening in this house in a few days and he didn't like it."

"Tyler, you didn't have to do that alone, I could've talked to him. Did he hurt you?"

"Nope. We had our conversation through closed doors."

"I see. I'll be home in a few hours, if you end up needing something, don't be afraid to call me."

"Okay. I'll probably be in Jay or Maddie's room when you get here. I'm going to finish packing up their stuff." I sat on my bed.

"Okay, talk to you later."

"Alright, bye." I hung up the phone. I unlocked my door and peered around the corner, when I saw that dad was no where to be seen I crept into Jays room and shut and locked the door behind me. I turned on some Green Day for a little background noise. I picked up one of Jays duffle bags and started folding up the rest of his clothes that we hadn't packed yet, and placing them neatly inside it. After I got all of his clothes packed. I packed his trophies, cds, action figures, and all that cool stuff. As I was packing his cds my eye caught a glimpse of something that intrigued me. I picked up the white cd case with "Tyler Joseph" scribbled on the top. I paused my music and put the small disc in his cd player, I heard talking at first but then I heard music start playing... my music. I grabbed my phone and dialed Josh's number.

"Hey Tyler, what's up?"

"Josh did you know that Jay recorded us playing a few weeks ago?"

"What? No. Does he like it?" He sounded just as surprised as I was.

"I guess he does, he kept the cd."

"You should ask him about it."

"I will. I'll let you know what he says, I'm dropping off more of his stuff to him this afternoon, I'll ask him then."