Christmas Eve With The Josephs

Around 2:00 we were done playing music, so we decided to head upstairs. "Well, I am beat." Josh threw himself into the couch.

"Me too." I plopped down beside him. "You wanna watch a movie or something?" I asked him.

"Yeah, you should rest anyway."

"Okay, whatcha want to watch?"

"I don't know.... what about one of the Batman movies?" Josh suggested.

"Sure." I put the tv on Netflix and found Batman Begins.

"The first ones the best ya know."

"I totally agree." I grabbed two blankets from the back of the couch and handed one to Josh. We laid back and watched the movie. I felt my eyes start to get heavy about half way through, I finally gave up the fight and fell asleep.

"I'm glad Ty's sleeping." I heard someone say.

"Yeah, he really needs it." Was that Josh? I slipped in and out of sleep a few more times until I finally opened my eyes.

"Hello, Ty." Jenna was snuggled up against me.

"Hello." I smiled at her tiredly.

"How'd you sleep?"

"Pretty good."

"That's good." She kissed my cheek.

"Yeah. What time is it?" I looked around for my phone.

"It's 3:45 everyone should be getting her soon."

"Oh, okay. I should probably get up then." I started to get up.

"But you're so warm and snuggly and I'm really cold." Jenna whined.

"Fine," I playfully riled my eyes. "I guess I can lay here for awhile longer."

"Yay!" She scooted closer to me.

About ten minutes later Josh walked in the room. "Where have you been?" I questioned him.

"I was helping your mom with some cooking." He smiled and sat down next to Jenna and I.

"Dude, you could've woken me up and I could've helped instead of you."

"Nah, it's all good man. You were tired, I could tell."

"Well thank you."

"No problem." He smiled. I heard someone knock on the door.

"I should get that, gorgeous." I patted Jenna's leg letting her know I need to get up.

"Fine." She rolled over closer Josh in her little red dress. "Dang Boy, you're warm too." She inched closer to him. I laughed at how cute she was.

I opened the door and was happily greeted by my grandparents. This went in for awhile, Zack, Jay, and I took turns greeting aunts, uncles, cousins, and close family friends. Once everyone had arrived, mom walked in the room.

"Okay guys, dinner waiting for you in here." She motioned everyone to follower her to the kitchen, which they gladly did.

Everyone got their food and found the spot that they wanted to sit in. It was usually the same sitting arrangement, grandparents, aunts, uncles, and my mom and dad sat together, all the older cousin sat together, and all the younger cousins sat together. Jenna and I, of course sat with the older cousins.

"So, Tyler, who's the lucky lady?" Taylor asked.

"Oh, that's Jenna." I motioned towards my beautiful girlfriend taking to my mom.

"Ooooo," She smirked, "how long have you all been a thing?"

"About a month."

"That's super awesome Tyler. I hope everything works out between you all." She smiled.

"Thanks," I nodded, "So do I."

"Alright guys! Time for presents." My mom yelled as everyone followed her into the living room. Once all the gifts were passed out, even the one I got Jenna, we all opened up what we got. After the sound of unwrapping paper quieted down, polite "Thank you"s took the place. I watched as Jenna opened up the small box holding the necklace in it, her eyes got wide and she smiled big.

"Thank you so much, Tyler." She gave me a big hug.

"No problem. I smiled, "Do you want me to put it on you?" She nodded. Once I got her necklace on her, I unwrapped the present she got me, "Jenna, this is amazing, thank you so much." I admired the skeleton hoodie that zipped up, even through the hood.

"It's no where near as amazing yours was, though." She kissed my cheek causing a small blush to creep up on my cheeks as the room filled with "awwww"s.

Everyone visited for awhile longer then people started heading out.

"Good bye, Tracy." I waved at our last guest as she walked out the door.

I sighed and plopped down on the couch next to Jenna. "Did you have fun tonight?" I looked down at the beach blonde girl sitting beside me.

"Yes, I did. Your family is very interesting, and funny sometimes." She chuckled.

"That they are." I agreed.

"What's up guys?" Josh walked from the kitchen into the living room.

"Not much, buddy. Did you have fun tonight?" I asked.

"Yep. Did you have fun?" He raised his right eyebrow at me.

"Yeah, actually. I wasn't as anxious as usual, which is good."

"That's very good." Jenna kissed my cheek. "Well, I should head out, my mom is almost here. I'll see you guys later though."

"Goodbye, beautiful." I kissed her one more time then watched her walk out the door.

"Josh," my mom peeked out of the kitchen, "are planing on driving to your parents tonight?"

"No ma'am." He continued, "None of my siblings will be coming over for Christmas because of all the fighting from last year..."

"Oh, I'm sorry. Would you like to stay here then? We've picked up a few things for you this year because you are such a close friend of Tyler's." My mom smiled softly, she had such a kind heart, I love that about her.

"I would love that Mrs. Joseph." Josh smiled quickly.

"Great!" Mom sounded overjoyed, "Goodnight, boys, I love you all." She walked towards her and dads bedroom.

"Night mom."

"Goodnight, Mrs. Joseph."

"You ready for bed?" I asked Josh.

"You bet, I'm beat." He yawned and got up.

"Same." He followed me to my room and we both got ready for bed. Once we were both laying down, I began to think about what I might be getting tomorrow for Christmas and how excited I was about Josh being with us. I was so excited that I could barely sleep, around 3:00 I finally gave up and let the darkness of sleep drown me.

_____________________________

Hey guys! Sorry this chapter took a bit longer, I've been super busy. Hope you all enjoyed this chapter!
~ PeteyWentzy