He's Broken

**JOSHS POV**

"I hope that Tyler is okay." Jenna said as we waited outside of the nurses office.

"I hope so too. How long have you and Tyler known each other?"

"Just since this morning... his sister and I are friends." She said looking at the floor.

"Oh, cool."

"Yep." She popped the "p" on the end.

Jenna was a very pretty girl, I hadn't noticed it until today. I have a few classes with her, but we never really talk.

"Sooo, tell me about yourself." I asked, breaking the weird silence.

"Well, I am seventeen years old. I have lived in Ohio for my whole life. I don't have any siblings and my father passed a few years ago."

"Oh, I'm sorry."

"Don't be. Tell me about yourself." She looked up at me.

"I am also seventeen, and I have also lived in Ohio my whole life. I have two sisters and a brother, but they are all in college already."

"Cool."

"Yep." I glance down at my feet then back at her. "So, do you like Tyler?"

"Maybe."

"I ship it! There is already fan fiction! We are all going to be best friends." Jenna let's out a little giggle after I finish. I'm glad to see her smile, I haven't seen her smile in awhile now that I think about it...

My thoughts are interrupted when I hear the nurse say mine and Jenna's name,

"Jenna, Josh, I need to talk to you." She looked like she had been crying. But why?

"What is it?" Jenna and I say in sync as we both stand up.

"I need you all to watch Tyler, carefully."

"Why? Is he okay?" Jenna asked concerned.

"No, he's not okay-"

"What do you mean he's not okay? It was just some kids at school! How could they hurt him that bad? Am I gunna have to beat someone up?" I start popping my knuckles.

"No, no that's not what I meant. His injuries will heal fine. But he's broken, emotional and mentally."

"What do you mean?" Jenna pipes up again.

"I mean that he is going through stuff that no one should have to go through. I am going to tell you all something but only if you promise not to tell anyone else and to help him get better." We both nod our heads, "Tyler self harms, he has scars on his arms and stomach and a few new ones on his hips. He needs your alls support and love. He is also way too thin for his age. You need to make sure he eats. He also isn't sleeping enough. He looks exhausted all the time and it's starting to effect him mentally." I see Jenna start to tear up so I hug her tight and stroke her hair.

"It's okay Jen, we will help him get through this."

"I'm willing to write you all notes to your teachers to give all three of you the rest of the day off if you would like?"

"Yeah, that would be good. We will go get something to eat with Tyler then take him home." I said, slowly letting go of Jenna as she straightens herself out and nods her head in agreement.

"Okay, come with me." Mrs. Lilly lead us back into her office where we saw Tyler starting to fall asleep. Now that she said something about it, I do notice how tired he looks and how thin just his face is.