Christmas

"Come on guys! Time to get up!" Jay ran into my room and turned the light on.

"My eyes!" I heard Josh laugh as he threw his blanket over his face, I followed him. After a few more minutes of Josh and I laughing at the sound of Maddie and Zack groaning when Jay did the same thing to them, we decided to get up.

"How'd you sleep?" I asked the boy laying on my floor with messy blue hair.

"Pretty good, what about you?"

"I slept well." I smiled.

"Good." He smiled back and stood up.

"I need to do something with this mess though." He ran his fingers through his ocean blue hair.

"Help yourself to any gel or whatever you can find in the bathroom." I offered as I stood up and walked over to my closet.

"Thanks, dude." He got up, grabbed his bag, and went to the bathroom. After a few short minutes, we were both dressed and ready to start our day. We ran down the steps to find everyone finding a seat on the couch, Josh and I sat on the floor across from them.

"Alright guys, are you all ready to open presents?" Mom enthusiastically questioned.

"Yep!" Jay happily replied, the rest of us nodding our heads happily.

"Okay, Zack?" Mom got my big brothers attention.

"Mmhhhmm?" He rubbed his eyes sleepily.

"Why don't you pass out the presents?"

"Sure." He yawned. He got up and passed everything out, everyone ended up with basically the same amount of presents, even Josh.

"Alright guys, go for it." Mom smiled and admired us opening our thing. I love the look on her face as she watched us open everything up, she looked so happy snuggled next to my dad on the couch.

Josh and I both got a present that was rather large, we picked it up at the same time, "I want you guys to open those together." My father looked at us joyfully. We unwrapped the paper and awed at the gifts before us. Josh got admired the red and black drum head, "The rest of it is in the basement, already set up."

"You guys really didn't have to do this." Josh started to tear up.

"We wanted to Josh, you're family now." Mom smiled at him. I was smiling just as brightly, I could tell that Christmas was a rather hard time for Josh and his family.

"Thank you." Josh straightened himself up. I looked back down at my gift, it was a set of recording devices for Josh and me to use.

"Thank you guys so much!" I looked up at my parents.

"I'm glad you all like what you got." Mom smiled.

"You guys are good, you should record, practice, and make it even better then it already is." Dad looked down at us.

"Thanks!" Josh and I exclaimed in sync.

We all sat and talked for awhile longer until Jay, Maddie, and Zack had to start getting ready to leave for Christmas parties and dates.
"Well boys, I don't know what you all were planning to do tonight but I think we are going out on a date if you all are okay with that." My dad stood up from his spot on the couch. 

"Yeah, I was going to head over to my house and make sure all my homework is ready for school tomorrow." Josh looked over at me, "You're more then welcome to come with me if you want."

"That's okay, I should stay here. I've got some stuff to do before school tomorrow also."

"Okay, just be careful, both of you." Dad walked out of the room.

"I think Maddie is staying with Jenna tonight after their party, Jay is staying over at Franks house tonight, and Zack has a date with Tatum and will be back late. Your dad and I will probably be gone until eleven or so but none of us will be leaving until 6:00."

"Okay, mom." I grinned at her.

******time skip to 5:30 same day******
"Alright, imma head out, dude. I'll see ya tomorrow though." Josh stepped out of my front door.

"Yeah man, I'll see ya tomorrow."

"Text or call me if you need anything, okay? I mean anything." He grabbed my shoulders.

"I'll be fine, I promise." I grinned.

"Okay." He hesitated then turned around towards his car.

I waved goodbye to the blue haired boy as he pulled out of my driveway. I stepped back into the house towards the steps. I ran up to my room and grabbed my backpack, taking a seat on my bed, I pulled out my folders to make sure I had completed all my work for tomorrow. I finished my last two questions on my history paper then put my things away, throwing my backpack into my closet. I grabbed my journal, pencil, and phone then jogged down the steps, I sat on the couch peacefully until mom walked into the room. "Alright, I think that everyone is about to head out. will you be good here?"

"Yeah mom, I'll be fine." I smiled smally at her.

" Okay, bye Tyler." Mom and dad shut the door behind them.

"Hurry! We are going to be late!"

"I'm coming!" I chuckled at Jay rushing Maddie out. "Will you be okay, Ty?" Maddie asked while throwing her things into her purse.

"Yep, don't worry about me. Have fun, tell Jenna I said hi."

"I will." She waved at me as she walked out the door.

"How do I look?" I turned my head to see my oldest brother modeling his tux at the top of the stairs.

"You look great, bro." I smiled at him. "Are you excited?"

He nodded his head, "And nervous." 

"Don't worry about it, you'll do great. She'll say yes."I stood up and grabbed his shoulders, "And if she says no, she's making the wrong choice because any girl would die to be with you."

"Thanks, bro. I guess I'll see you later." He smiled hopefully.

"Good luck Zack." I shut the door behind him.

"And good luck, Ty." I sighed and slid down against the door until I hit the ground.

_______________________________________________________________________________

Love you guys, enjoy!

          ~ Peteywentzy