It's Perfect

I admired the glimmering silver necklace, my eyes followed the silver swirls around as it made a heart shape.
(Like this)

"Can I help you gentlemen with something?" A little old lady walked over to us and the case of jewelry we were admiring

"Can I help you gentlemen with something?" A little old lady walked over to us and the case of jewelry we were admiring. "Ahhh, yes this piece is brand new to our collection. Limited edition, sterling silver, rhinestoned, heart necklace."

"It's gorgeous."

"Indeed it is. Is it for a special little lady?" She smirked.

"Yeah. How much is it?"

"$65.00. But you seem like a sweet boy so I guess I can let you use my employee discount." She grinned.

"Thank you so much." I followed her to the check out counter. I ended up only paying $45.00 for it which pretty awesome. Once we left the store Josh spoke up,

"So guys, do you all want to grab a bite to eat?"

"That sounds good, I'm starving." Zack replied.

"Tyler, are you okay with that?" Josh tilted his head towards me.

"Yeah, we can stop. I'm not really hungry but I could drink some water."

"Tyler..." Zack sighed.

"What? I'm really not." I tried to sound as believable as possible.

"Tyler, you haven't eaten since yesterday at lunch." Zack ran his fingers through his hair.

"Actually, yesterday at breakfast."

"What?" Josh exclaimed.

"I saw you eat a banana for lunch yesterday though." Zack said but it sounded more like he was asking a question.

"I didn't exactly keep it down... so yes, I ate, but I didn't take in the nutrition or calories."

"You made yourself sick? You barely ate enough to consider what you ate a meal and you made yourself throw it up?" Zack asked me in a whispered yell tone.

"Not on purpose." I shrugged.

"What do you mean not in purpose?" Zack gave me a sideways glance.

"I don't know, I only took a few bites then felt sick so I went up to my room to lay down and after about five minutes.... let's just say that bananas are not on my list of foods I like anymore." I cringed.

"Ew." Josh distorted his face. "You should still eat something though."

"Every time that I eat, I end up feeling sick or actually getting sick, so I'd rather not."

"We won't make you eat a whole meal, but you will eat something Tyler. Do you want to spend the rest of your life with Jenna?" Zack asked.

A smile appeared on my face, "Yeah, I do."

"Then you're going to have to take care of yourself so that you don't die first." Zack said plainly.

"I guess that's true..."

"Sorry, that was a little harsh."

"No, it's okay, it's true."

"Well, where do you guys want to eat?" I asked as we walked into the mall food court.

"I think I'm getting Chick-Fil-A." Zack said.

"Me too." Josh agreed.

"Alright, I think I'll get something from there too." We headed towards the counter and ordered our food. Once we got our food, we found a table to sit at across the room.

"Are you sure you don't want any of my chicken strips?" Josh offered for what seemed like the hundredth time.

"Yeah, I'm good." I played with my French fries. Josh and Zack finished there food after about ten minutes with little conversation in between bites.

"Are you done, Tyler?" Josh looked disappointedly at my untouched fries.

"Yeah."

"Okay." Zack sighed and rubbed his face.

"I'm sorry." I sighed.

"It's fine." He stood up and took our trash to the trash can across the room. After was out of hearing distance, Josh spoke up,

"You know he's just worried about you."

"Yeah, I know, but I just get frustrated with him then he gets frustrated with me and it just sucks."

"I know, don't feel bad about it. You all just need to find something that works for you, we are all here to support you. Zack, myself, and especially Jenna. You know she's worried about you too, she always asks me how you are and if you've eaten and taken care of yourself."
He looked up at me and smiled.

"I know, I just need to work on it more. I need space too, it's discouraging when people are always upset with me when I fail."

"Hey," he grabbed my hand, "it's okay. We can do this, together. How about tonight, since Jenna's coming over to spend the night with Maddy, we all sit down and figure something out."

"Okay." I smiled at him as Zack walked back over.

"You guys ready?"

"Yep." Josh and I stood up, grabbed our bags, and we headed out of the mall.

"Is there anywhere else you guys would like to stop at?" Zack asked as he started the car.

"Not that I can think of." Josh said.

"Yeah, I can't think of any." I agreed.

"Alright, well I have to run in to Kay Jewelers real quick to pick up an order, but I'll be back in a second." He pulled into a parking space. He grabbed his wallet and jumped out of the car. What was he doing here? Surly we wasn't getting a ring.... him and Tatum have only been dating for a year. I pondered the thought a little more then Zack opened the car door. "Okay. I'm back." He smiled brightly.

"Why so smiley, smiley boy?" Josh questioned.

"It's Tatums Christmas presents." He reached in the bag and pulled out a small box. "It's a promise ring." He smiled as he opened the box that revealed a silver ring with a blue jewel inside of it.

" Oh wow," I admired the ring, "it's gorgeous."

"Yeah man, that's sick." Josh stared in awe.

"It's perfect.... I think we are planning on going out Christmas night and I'm going to give it to her then."

"That's awesome." I smiled at him.

"Yeah." He closed the box and put it back in the box.

"Now I'm sad because I don't have a special girl in my life to give something to." Josh joked.

"Aw, come on, Josh. You'll find someone." Zack smiled at him.

"Yeah, you are an awesome guy and anyone would be luck to have you." I nudged him gently.

"Thanks guys." He smiled. "Now lets go home!" Josh smiled brightly as we headed back to my house.

_____________________________

This story has become such a "fly by the seat of my pants" kinda story.. I don't know where it's going but I'm enjoying writing it 😂

Tell me what you all think! How can I improve my writing or the story??

~PeteyWentzy