January 18

The past few days have been hell. Maddie and Jay are still with grandma. Jenna, Josh, and Tatum are insisting that Zack and I leave dad immediately considering he gave me a black eye and caused Zack to sprain his ankle. We can't though, he's struggling, if we leave, he won't be able to take care of himself. He's not going to the funeral, he's not sober enough anyway. Zack and I decided we will move out two days from now. I looked in the mirror and my all black suit and my purpleish black swollen eye. I was about to drive Zack and I to the church. "You ready?" I leaned into Zack's room.

"Yeah." He grabbed his crutches and started down the stairs. We got in the car and I carefully drove to the church. When we arrived I helped Zack out, it had just started sprinkling, it was supposed to storm later though. Maddie, Jay, Jenna, Tatum, and Josh met us at the door.

"Hey." Jenna and Josh wrapped me into a hug. Tatum did the same to Zack. "You ready?" Jenna asked me. I tried to speak but I couldn't, so I simple shook my head yes. "Let's go." She grabbed my hand and we walked in.

I held my breath as we walked past my mom, she looked so lifeless. I never even imagined seeing her like this, I didn't think I'd have to. I let a stray tear run down my cheek. We found our seats and watched as everyone else filed in the room. It was silent other than the sounds of crying. Zack, Josh, and I tried to hold it together. We comforted the girls and Jay as they cried through the ceremony. After we buried here in the church graveyard, we all went out separate ways. Zack and Tatum went apartment hunting because they were given permission to finish college online. Jay and Maddie went home with grandma, and Josh, Jenna, and I went to Josh's house.

"So, how have you all been?" I asked as I sat down on Josh's black couch.

"Okay." Jenna leaned over on me.

"Same here." Josh took a seat on the arm of the couch. "What about you?"

"I've been fine."

"Really?" Josh questioned me.

"Yeah. Having people constantly around is good. The thought that I get to move out of dads house is good."

"You're moving out of Chris's?" Jenna looked up at me.

"Yeah, I mean, I clearly can't stay there." I motioned towards my eye.

"Yeah. Where are you staying though?" Josh inquired.

"I'm staying with Tatum and Zack."

"Oh." Josh looked a little saddened.

"Well, they are finishing college online so they offered."

"Y-yeah, I understand." Josh looked down.

"What's wrong then?" Jenna grabbed his leg.

"Can I talk to you... in private?" He grabbed Jenna's hand and lead her to the back of his apartment. What were they talking about that I couldn't know about? I heard footsteps returning to the living room. Jenna had a smirk on her face as she sat down beside me. "Tyler?"

"Hmm?"

"Would you like to move in with me?" Josh offered.

A smile quickly spread across my face, "Yeah man. I'd love to."

"Awesome." He grinned.

"I'll have to check with Zack to make sure it's okay with him though."

"Okay." His smile liked to have never gone away. "So, what do you guys want to do?"

"Ummm, we could watch a movie or something." I proposed.

"That sounds good." They both agreed.

"What do you guys want to watch?" Josh questioned.