Mondays

Monday's suck. Nobody disagrees with that, it's a sucky ending to your weekend. You have to get up early, go to work or school, come home and then dread repeating the same cycle for four more days. This Monday, however; sucked more than any other Monday.

"Tyler!" Zack came into my room.

"Hmm?" I rolled over in bed, I don't even remember what all happened last night.

"Okay, one, go put a shirt on unless you want mom and dad to find out about this,"

"Oh crap." I jumped up and grabbed a sweatshirt while he continued talking.

"two, you will probably be late for school, three, why didn't you call me instead of doing that to yourself." He pointed towards my wrist which were now covered, "and lastly," he sighed, "Tatum said yes."

"What?" I exclaimed, stopping myself from getting ready. A big smile appeared across both of our faces. "That's amazing!" I hugged my big bro. "And about last night, I didn't want to bother you, I'm sorry."

"It's okay. Just really, call me next time, or text me. Now get ready and I'll take you up to school."

"Okay." I finished getting ready, grabbed all my things and went downstairs. "Is there any coffee left?" I asked my brother.

"Yep, I put some in a travel cup for you." He handed it over.

"Thanks, dude." I smiled.

"No problem. Let's go." He grabbed his keys and usher me to his car. Once we arrived at the school Zack dropped me off at the door, "Have a good day, dude."

"You too." I shut the door behind me and headed into the school. Today we had new schedules because of the new semester, so I went to my history class. When I walked in the door I found everyone else sitting in a seat while the teacher was writing on the board, "Sorry I'm late, sir."

"Mr. Joseph, don't apologize you are only two minutes late, we haven't even started yet. I'm not worried about this because I know this is a one time thing, according to all the other teachers you are a great student, so I'm very excited to have you in my class instead of some other idiot. The name is Mr. Smith by the way." The tall man turned to smile at me.

"Thank you, Mr. Smith. I'm very excited to be in your class as well." I smiled and found my seat in the back. Maybe today would be a good day.

About half way through class our guidance counselor cane in to the room, "Sorry for interrupting, may I speak with you a moment?" She pointed towards Mr. Smith.

"Uh, sure." He put down his chalk and walked out of the classroom. Just a few minutes later he came back. "M-mr. Joseph?" He looked paler then I've ever seen before.

"Yeah?"

"Mrs. Carpenter needs to speak with you."

"Okay." I slowly got up and walked towards the front of the class before I got out the door Mr. Smith turned to me.

"Tyler?" I turned to him.

"Yeah?"

"I'm always here for you, okay? Not just as a teacher, as a friend." He brought his voice down so no one else in class could hear him. I nodded and walked away, still confused. Could someone have found out about my self harm? Did Josh or Jenna tell? I walked into the Mrs. Carpenters room.

"Tyler." She smiled sadly at me. I looked around and saw Jenna and Josh, both looking tearful.

"What's going on?"

"Why don't you sit down." Mrs. Carpenter offered me a seat across from her. "Your mom... she... she got in a car accident this morning."

"What?" I muttered. "She's okay right?" No one answered me. "She's okay, she has to be." I heard Jenna start crying again. "Mrs. Carpenter," I swallowed hard, "I need you to tell me right now that my mom is okay." I stood up with tears in my eyes.