Chapter 65

I awoke the next morning to heavy feet running past my window, I looked up to see dark long hair and a blonde woman too.

"Will I ever get to sleep in this place?" Ross complained, sitting up.

I threw my bed sheets off, running out of the room and following the nurses down to my dads room.

They surrounded his bed and as I went to go inside, Emily appeared, wrestling me out of the door as I tried to enter.

"Stop!" She yelled, shoving me backwards so hard they I almost fell.

"What's going on?" I questioned.

"He's fine, he just woke up, thats all."

"I don't believe you." I replied.

"Did anyone ever tell you, you have serious trust issues?" She questioned with a scoff.

"That would be me." Ross said, swinging an arm around my shoulders.

"Why are they crowding around him like that if he's fine?" I questioned.

"I don't know Maddy." She sighed. "One minute he's sleeping and the next he's awake, I pushed the button for the nurse and suddenly they all appear, telling me to get out."

I anxiously looked in the window, although I couldn't see a thing. "I need food." I sighed in a frustrated tone, walking down to the cafeteria.

* * *

"What?" I questioned Ross as he stared at me eating.

"I'm just glad to see you eat." He answered, sitting back in his chair.

"Some weird fetish of yours?" I laughed.

"Ha, ha, very funny." Ross said with a straight face. "I was worried, you weren't eating, you weren't sleeping."

I smirked at him, sitting back in the uncomfortable plastic chair. "Yes, I worry." He said, reaching across the table and taking my hand in his. "Why won't you let me look after you?"

"I'm an individual woman who doesn't need a man." I smirked.

"Well I need you." He said. "So let me look after you."

"Okay." I smiled, standing up from my finished food. "Thank you."

"You're just getting soppy now." He scoffed, pulling me into a hug. He rested his chin on my head as his muscular chest provided me with comfort and warmth.

"Maddy, he's up!" Emily called from the doorway. I ripped my body from Ross's, running down the hallways ahead of Emily and Ross.

I burst through the door to see Dad at the edge of his bed. "What are you doing?" I asked.

"I've got a person to kill." He said in a DUH tone. "I'm not good in here."

"Will you give me a second to appreciate you're alive before you go murdering anyone?" I questioned, smiling at him.

"Well I told you I'd make it, you didn't doubt me, did you?" He asked.

"Of course not." I smirked.

"What about you, are you okay?"

"I'm fine." I said. "I'm just worried about you."

"Well don't." He ordered. "That's my job."

Emily stood in the doorway, smiling at both of us. "I'll give you two some privacy." I said. "Try and talk him out of his insane revenge plot."

"Like that's going to happen." She scoffed as I passed her.

I pulled the door shut behind me and let out a sigh of relief, dropping my head back against the wooden door.

"So he's okay?" Ross asked.

"Yes." I replied. "Back to his normal cheerful self."

"As long as it's me he doesn't want to kill, I'm happy." He scoffed.

"Oh no, you two are best friends now you betrayed me." I snapped, walking to my room to collect the overnight bag my mum had bought for me.

"I thought we were past that?" He sighed.

"We will never be past that Ross, he could of died." I said. "Promise me you'll never do something like that again?"

He glared at me from the doorway. "I will always put you first, whether it's what you want or not." He said. "You safety comes before anyone else's."

"Even Lilli's?" I asked, stepping forward.

"You come first." He said. "Even if it's not what you want."

"Then you will never truly love me." I stated, ducking under his arm which he held against the doorframe.

I walked down to my dads room to see him giving a nurse a hard time. "Dad just do as she says." I scolded.

"You're one to talk, I'm guessing you're still giving Ross a hard time about the car?"

"Look I'm going home," I said, dodging the questioned. "I'll bring Ian and Gale to visit-"

"Don't, all they'll do is fuss." He said.

"Well you need fussing over!" I exclaimed. "You could of died."

"And so could of you, yet Emily tells me you've been stressing about me for the past couple days."

"Of course, you're my dad."

"And you're my daughter so go home, put your feet up and let the nurses worry instead." He ordered.

I rolled my eyes with a huff before walking out of the hospital room and down the hallway.

Once I got outside, Ross was waiting in a car. "I believe I'm you're only choice so get in or walk." He instructed with a smirk.

I rolled my eyes at him, trying to hide my grin from seeing his face as I stuffed my bag into the back seat and climbed in.