Chapter 15

Dad slammed his fist against the door several times without answer.

"Maybe he's not home." I shrugged.

"Oh he's home." Dad said, looking upstairs at the lights.

"Well he's not answered, I'll come back." I said.

"No you won't." He marched down the driveway and opened one of the back passenger seats before digging around and pulling out a large crowbar and hammer.

I let him work his magic and in a few minutes we were in: this wasn't his first break in.

"This place is fucking huge." My Dad said, swiping twenty pounds off the table.

"Dad." I scolded.

"Look about, do they look like they need it?" He asked.

I rolled my eyes before walking up the stairs. I knew exactly where his room was and marched to the bottom of the hallway, pushing open his door to see Liam with some red head. "Out hoe." I ordered.

"Excuse me!" She yelled. "Who are you?"

"The mother of his baby." I said, glaring at her.

Her eyes widened as did Liam's. She gather her shirt which she's thrown on the floor before rushing out.

"There's that Maddy fire, I'd missed." Liam grinned, tossing a shirt over his head and walking over to me. "Back for more?"

"Not exactly."

"Who's the old guy?"

"My dad." I shrugged with a smirk.

"Oh, hello sir." Liam said, a worried look on his face.

"This looks expensive." My Dad said, picking up a pretty glass ornament.

"It is."

He dropped it, allowing it to shatter over the floor. "That's for old." He spat. "It was also a strike, you only get three."

"What happens after three?" Liam asked.

"I kill you." He said with a straight face.

Liam laughed, although it was not genuine and more nervous. "You Kingsley's are funny."

"He's not kidding." I said.

"So, Maddy, whats the real reason you're here?" He asked.

"Actually, that wasn't a lie. I'm pregnant, it's yours and you can be as involved as you want. Of course I'll want funding but I'm sure that's not problem with your billionaire parents." I said.

"You don't look pregnant."

"Do the math college boy, I'm like two and a half weeks, the baby bump doesn't show until like twelve or something."

"You're lying." He said. "You Kingsley's are famous for your scams, this is just another way to get some money-"

"I can show you the pregnancy test." I said.

"Fine, let's go shall we?" He asked. "I'd love to see this."

"Fine." I snapped. Dad helped me over the glass that he'd smashed by the doorway, leaving Liam to fend for himself as we walked out.

"I'll drive myself, no offence but that doesn't exactly look safe." Liam said, stepping into his Mercedes.

"Then I hope you can keep up." My Dad said, taking the keys from me and dropping himself into the drivers seat.

* * *

"Dad, I can take it from here. Really I can." I insisted once we pulled up. "All you do is put people in defensive mode, let me handle this."

I could see his brain working behind his eyes, he levelled out his head and met my eyes. "Call me if he tries anything." Dad said.

I nodded, climbing out the car as he sped off. Liam pulled up outside my house, stepping out. "What a cute little village." Liam said in a disgusted tone.

"Save the judgement alright? I want you here just as much as you want to be." I snapped.

"Should I be worried?" Will asked with a grin, walking over to us.

"Will this is Liam." I said.

"As in the father?" He asked.

"Oh god, you've got others in on it?" Liam questioned. "How much did you pay this actor?"

"Actually I'm seeing Maddy." He said.

"That hardly narrows it down." Liam laughed. "There's a reason you two aren't official yet and it's because Maddy doesn't settle, you're a little party girl, aren't you?"

"Not anymore." I said with harsh eyes.

"Oh come on, you were easy enough for me to get into bed." He grinned.

"Excuse me mate." Ross said, tapping him on the shoulder.

Liam turned around only to be met by Ross's fist. "And who are you?" Liam asked, holding his nose.

Ross shrugged. "You ready for that pint?" He asked Will who nodded. The brothers walked down the street, towards the pub at the end of the street.

"Shall we?" I questioned, walking up the driveway.