Chapter 45

The next morning I was early into work, I'd barley slept all night. Guilt? Confusion?

The sound of someone treading on the pebbles, caught my attention. I looked over to see Ross in his overalls.

"So?" I questioned.

"Look I am sorry but I love you." Ross replied.

"And who are you sorry for?" I asked.

"You." He answered. "Because I wouldn't wish me on anyone."

"Come here." I ordered.

"Why?"

"Because I want you to kiss me." I stated.

"No you don't." He groaned, rubbing the side of his face.

"Yes I do."

"Why would you?" Ross questioned.

"Because I've thought about it, a lot, more recently." I replied.

Ross sighed, looking at me. Quickly, he walked over to me, pressing his lips against mine. I bought my hands around the back of his neck, pulling him close to me as he backed me up against the wall.

He took my hands, bringing them against the cold wall in passion.

Ross turned away, storming to the other side of the garage. "Ross!" I called. "Where are you going?"

"Absolutely no where." He replied, reaching up, the muscles in his shoulder blade moving with him as he tore the shutters down before turning back to me with a devilish look in his eyes.

Did I finally give in? Letting my body have what it'd been craving since the day Ross stroller down the driveway. Yes. Yes, I did.

* * *

I sat up, looking around the garage. We were in the open back of someone's jeep, my back rubbed raw from the cold aluminium base of the vehicle.

"Oh my god." I muttered, sitting up in Ross's shirt.

The clock ticked away in the corner of the room which was the only thing I could hear other than my heart beating loudly.

I picked up my phone from my jacket, unlocking it to see missed calls from Will and messaged he'd left.

Ross groaned, sitting up. "So did the world end because you took a five minute break?" Ross questioned.

"I'm pretty sure we were longer than five minutes Ross, especially considering we fell asleep after." I replied coldly, answering peoples texts. "I should go."

I shifted forward but Ross wrapped his arms around my waist, pulling me back to him. My body fell against his muscular bare chest as he cuddled me. "Relax."

"Relax? How can I relax when-"

My phone began to ring again, vibrating in my hand. "Don't answer that." He ordered, pointing down at my phone.

I slid my finger across the screen before pulling it to my ear as Ross dropped back against the car.

"Hey." I said.

"I've been trying to call you, where've you been?" Will asked.

"On a call out, sorry, it took longer than I expected. When do you need me over?"

"About ten minutes ago." He replied.

"I'm almost home, I'll be there soon. I'm so sorry." I hung up before sliding off the end of the open back and on to my feet.

"Don't leave." Ross said, shuffling to the edge of the car before landing on his feet.

"I have to." I said, scraping up my clothes.

"Please stay." He begged.

"Ross." I sighed. He leant down, nuzzling my lips with his, my lips moved in sync with his.

"And say you love me?" He pleased between kisses. "You don't have to mean it, just say it."

His kissing grew rougher and the hand he'd placed on the back of my neck held me close. "I'm sorry." I said, pulling back slightly and pressing my forehead to his. "But I love Will, I'm going back to Will."

His eyes looked saddened. I pulled his shirt over my head, handing it back to him and quickly putting my own clothes on over my underwear.

* * *

"Sorry! Sorry!" I exclaimed, rushing through the door.

"Managed to keep everything warm, I hope." Will said, bringing a bottle of wine out from the fridge.

Walking into the kitchen, I set my jacket down on the empty counter, looking over at the candle lit meal on the table.

"What'd I ever do to deserve you?" I smiled, walking over to him.

"Something bad in a previous life?" He questioned with a scoff.

"I mean it Will," I said. "You're so good, with me, with the baby and this is the perfect thing I could ask for on my birthday."

A smile spread across his lips and he pecked mine with his before removing his arms from around me and pulling out my chair.

Guilt hit me like a truck, almost knocking me over as I sat down. "Did you say it was a call out?" Will asked, sitting opposite me.

"Yeah, new customer, couldn't exactly turn them away and it over ran." I explained.

"It's fine." He said. "Work is work, I'm just lucky my dad is my boss."

"Well I am one of the bosses." I smirked. "Where's Lilli?"

"Your boss has her." Will replied.

"It's a joint partnership." I told him with a smirk, raising a brow.

Looking into his sea blue eyes made me feel worse, he'd put so much effort into tonight for me and I'd just finished with his brother. I hoped by doing what I did with Ross it'd be out of my system and out of his too but I found myself wanting him more, wanting to be in his arms, under his touch and hold- but I couldn't- I was sat opposite his brother who was my boyfriend and good for me.

"Are you okay?" Will asked.

"Yeah." I replied. "Just a long day." I could see in his eyes that he didn't entirely believe me but he chose not to say anything.

"As long as you're sure."

The door rattled, bursting open as Ross walked in. "Oh, I'm sorry, am I interrupting?" He questioned, placing a hand over his chest. "I had no idea."

"Actually yes, you are." Will said, standing up. "So why don't you go to your second home, the pub?"

"Actually I was hoping to watch top gear." He grinned, darting his eyes over at the TV.

"We're trying to have a nice meal for Maddy's birthday so go before I kick you out myself." Will threatened.

"It's your birthday?" Ross asked, looking over at me.

I nodded.

"Ross." Will pressed.

"Alright, alright. I'm going."