Chapter 32

Will's POV:

I returned from my much needed fresh air to see Ross and Maddy hand in hand in her room. Rage soared through my veins, my blood boiling and I crushed the polystyrene cup in my hand, the liquid exploding out of it and burning my fingers.

"You alright there?" Tom asked in a comical tone.

"You know Maddy better than anyone, right?" I questioned.

"I like to hope so but I'm sure her mum would have it different." He replied. "Why?"

"So she tells you everything?"

"Oh no, you're looking for Nina or Rachel." He said, raising his hands. "She doesn't tell me anything, especially about Ross if that's what you're asking."

"Why not?"

"Because she knows I'd kill him." He simply replied.

"Do you think I should be worried?" I asked him.

"Ross is exactly what she'd go for before all this baby stuff." He stated, shoving his hands deep into his pockets. "But I'd like to hope she's learnt where that's got her. You've looked after her, kept her safe and handled her loud mouth for the past nine months, all he's done is piss her off."

"Thanks." I said.

I gave him a small smile before walking down the corridor. "And thanks for looking after Maddy all this time, I know she can be a pain in the ass."

"Takes after her mum." I scoffed which I knew causing him to grin intently.

"Nina?" I called. "Can I have a quick word?"

"Yeah, of course." She said, handing Kate and Patrick's baby toddler over to Josh.

Over these past couple of months in particular I'd grown very close to Maddy's family and felt as though they accepted me. Maddy had dinner at mine a couple of times and she got on with my dad but nothing like the way the Kingsley's surprisingly made me feel.

"Everything okay?" Nina asked.

"Maddy hasn't said anything to you about Ross has she?"

"Only that he annoys the crap out of her." She replied. "Why?"

"I can't help noticing how close they are." I sighed.

"He's been good to her Will but you've been better." She replied. "You've got nothing to worry about."

Nina helped boost my confidence on the situation but I've seen how he is with her and I know how charming he can be but I thought Maddy saw straight through that but kids have always been apart of my plan, she can't give me what I want and I can't give her what she wants.

Tom's POV:

As soon as I shut the door behind Ross I threw him against the wall, holding him there. He tried to fight against me for a few seconds before giving up and just staring back at me. "She's happy." I told him.

"No she isn't." He argued. "She was crying in her sleep!"

"She's overwhelmed."

"No, she doesn't want anymore kids and Will does." He explained. "I'm just trying to look out for her."

"That's my job." I argued.

"Great job you've done of that." He said in sarcastic tone which tempted me to throw my fist into his gut which I complied with.

I released him, letting him hold his now throbbing insides. "I know you don't like me, I just make you money and Will's basically apart of the family: I get that. But I can make her so much happier than him." He explained through gritted teeth as the pain from the punch settled in. "And for once I'm being serious, this is straight up me here, no act. I love your daughter and I would do anything to make her happy."

"You'd put her in danger."

"No I'd keep her safe." He argued. "Anything that came her way, I'd protect her from. Let's face it your family name will bring monsters into her life and now that kid's, I can protect them both better than Will."

"She needs someone to love her, not a body guard." I spat.

"I can do both." Ross argued. "I can and you know it."

"You put any pressure on her and I-"

"I won't, if she leaves Will it'll be of her own doing." He said. "I'll just be there to take care of her afterwards."

I didn't want to give in but I knew everything he said was the truth. I couldn't decide this for her. I stormed down the hallway before I changed my mind.

"Thank you." I heard him call.

"Don't thank me yet." I replied.