Chapter 55

I knocked lightly on the door. "One minute." Ross called from inside.

I opened the door, shutting it behind me. "Knocking was only so I'd seem polite." I said, walking into the living room. "But I'm not so why pretend?"

"Didn't realise you were making home visits." Ross smirked, placing his hands on my waist and backing me against the wall.

"I do but not for you." I said, slinking out from under his arm. "I'm looking for Will."

"Oh joy." He said in a sarcastic tone, sitting on the arm of his sofa.

"To break up with him." I stated, crossing my arms.

"What, really?" Ross asked in a surprised tone.

"Yes really so where is he?" I questioned.

"This is the best news I've ever heard." He said, grabbing my butt and pulling me into his chest causing us to fall back on to the couch. I landed with a thud on top of him and we both laughed slightly.

I heard the door rattle as it open and I practically jumped off Ross and flew to the other side of the room.

"Hey, what are you doing here?" Will asked with a smile as he set shopping bags on the counter.

"I want to talk to you." I said.

"That doesn't sound good." He said with a laugh.

"It isn't." I sighed, causing his laughter to stop.

"I'll give you two some privacy." Ross said, unable to hide his smirk as he hopped over the back of the couch and out of the room.

"Are you okay?" Will asked, sitting beside me on the couch, he placed a hand on my knee and I picked it up, wrapping it in mine.

"You shouldn't be so nice to me." I said.

"What do you mean?"

"Will, I am so sorry." I began. "I don't think we can be together anymore."

"What? Why?" He questioned. "If this is about the baby thing, I told you, it's not as important to me as you."

"Will." I said, my voice breaking slightly as I held back my tears. "Please don't make this harder by being nice."

"Maddy what is this about, I mean really? We're happy, aren't we?"

"I'm not." I lied.

"Why?"

"I can't talk about it." I shrugged. "Somethings just missing."

"Maddy we've been together for over three quarters of a year, it took you this long to realise you weren't happy?"

"I'm sorry." I said, standing up. "I have to go."

"Without an explanation?" Will asked, grabbing my hand and turning me around to face him.

"I'm sorry." I said. "Things are complicated."

I pulled my arm out of his grasp and left quickly, shutting the door behind me. The tension was suffocating me inside so I filled my lungs with the much needed oxygen.

"Babe, you alright?" Mum asked, walking back from locking up the pub with Lilli in her carry cot.

"I did it."

"Please tell me you didn't say a word about Ross." She sighed.

"I couldn't tear their family apart anymore than I already have." I said, shaking my head.

"Good." She said. "You don't need to break Wills heart even more."

"Thanks." I snapped.

"Come on babe." She sighed. "Come to mine, we'll have a drink."

She slung an arm around my shoulders as the two of us walked up the road. "What am I going to do?" I sighed.

"I just hope it's all worth it." She sighed. "And if Ross messes you about, you just let me know."

"He wouldn't dare."

"Listen, I'll keep Lilli over night, you have a good sleep and take yourself out tomorrow, I've got the day off anyway."

"Thanks."