Chapter 42

"So," I spoke, whilst Ross and I had our lunch break together. "You and Amy, huh?"

"Seems like it." Ross answered. "Why waste any time when you and I are just friends, right?"

"Right." I said.

"So it doesn't both you in the slightest?" He smirked, finishing his sandwich and tossing it back in the little triangular box it came in.

"As long as you show up for work on time, I don't care." I replied.

"Well the girls got stamina, we've done it twice today as it is so you'll have to start letting me get off at a normal time." He scoffed.

"You've had like three hours to yourself today." I stated.

He shrugged. "Well I had to buy her some food first, can't do stuff like we did on an empty stomach."

"I guess." I said, finishing my drink and standing up. "Back to work then?"

I suppose it bother me slightly, probably more if I knew he was genuine but I knew his reputation, he doesn't do relationships. They'd be over soon and to be honest I'd been grateful for Will even more lately. He'd been so good to me.

* * *

"What are you doing here?" I asked, tying the lace on my shoe as Will walked up the driveway with his hands in his pockets.

"Here to walk you home, you're finished right?" Will asked.

"Yeh." I said, pulling the shutters down to the main entrance.

He grinned, taking my hands in his. "Well I was thinking you could come back to mine and we could-"

"Great, I'm heading there myself. Would you like to walk me there too You romantic devil?" Ross smirked, trudging over to us from the side exit.

"I thought you'd be seeing Amy tonight, considering her incredible stamina?" I questioned with a smirk.

"Looking like a grease monkey?" He questioned. "I'm still trying to impress, I'll meet her later."

The three of us walked up the street, the sun was going down but it was still fairly bright.

"Who the hell is that?" I questioned, quickening my pace into a slow run as I arrived closer to my house to see Lola with a can of spray paint.

SLAPPE

Was painted on my door, the only thing left was the R.

"Oi!" I yelled, as I jogged on to the grass. "Didn't you understand my threat or are you really as dumb as they say you are?"

"It's the truth Maddy, you're not even eighteen yet and you've had a baby." She grinned.

I balled my fists beside me, moving forward at a much faster pace. Will stepped in front of me, his broad shoulders block my view of Lola. "Shes not worth doing time inside." He said.

"Kingsley's don't get caught." I smirked.

"Are you willing to take that risk? You've got a baby now." He said.

I sighed, looking down as my brain worked.

"I warned her." I told Will, trying to step around him but he latched an arm around my waist.

"Oh it's the slag!" Ross exclaimed from beside me, walking around us and within reaching distance of Lola.

She threw a hand his way in attempt to slap him but he caught her arm. "I'm getting sick of women always doing that to me." He stated.

"Then maybe you shouldn't be such a pathetic loser." She spat, pressing the top of the can, causing the green spray paint to explode over his shirt.

She pulled her arm out of his grasp, frowning at him. Without warning Ross grabbed the can from her hand, latching a hand in her hair and dying the bottom of her pony tail green.

I stood by Will, the look of amazement slapped across my face.

* * *

"You spray painted her hair." I laughed, scrubbing Ross's shirt.

"And she's lucky that's all she got." Ross snapped.

"Meh, I don't know the green brings out your eyes."

"They're black."

"No, they're dark brown- they're nice, like your mums." I said.

"Well your lips are nice, fancy putting them on mine?" He asked, flaring his brows at me.

I rolled my eyes, turning to the sink wetting the cloth again. When I turned around Ross's stood shirtless, leaving me to stare in owe.

I held my jaw tight to stop it from dropping at the sight of his perfect body. "What are you doing?" I asked, finally able to form words again.

"Figured it'd be easier to clean." He said, stepping closer to me and holding it between us. The shirt was the only thing between us, we were so close I could feel his warm breath and inhale his spicy aftershave.

"All gone!" Will announced, coming through the front door, it slamming shut behind him.

I snatched the t-shirt from Ross's hand, our fingers brushed against each other's and shoving it into the bowl, turning on the hot water and piling soap into it.

"Writing is no longer there." Will said, walking through the kitchen door and placing the bucket of soapy water down.

"Thanks." I smiled.

Will walked over, kissing my cheek. I looked at Ross who immediately looked away, unable to watch us together.