Chapter 53

Maddy's POV:

"You're an idiot Ross, you know that right?" I snapped, my hands on my head as I paced around the garage.

"I'm sorry, it just slipped out." He replied, leant against one of the cars.

"You're lucky he didn't kill you and I'm lucky if he doesn't tell Will straight away." I said. "I should go over there, stop him."

"If he hasn't done it yet then he won't at all." Ross stated, stepping in front of me. "You're his little princess, he wouldn't do anything to cause you misery."

"Look at you." I sighed, staring at his cut open and bruised cheek.

"Aren't I handsome?" He smirked, placing his hands on my hips.

I pushed them off of me. "Not right now." I told him, walking into my office and getting the first aid kit out of the cupboard.

A hand on my behind startled me but Ross knew how to touch me just right. I straightened my back, standing up and his hand brushed my hair aside before his lips connected with my neck.

My hand wrapped around the back of his neck, pulling him closer with encouragement and his other hand wrapped around my front, slithering into my jeans and under my underwear.

Suddenly, he was inside and I let a quiet moan escape my lips as I dropped back into him slightly, my legs turning weak.

"Ross we can't." I said in a low and airy voice.

"Yes we can." He said in a murmur.

My eyes opened and my thought began to clear. "No we can't." I said in a bold tone, pulling my head off his shoulder and up straight, wrapping a hand around his wrist and pulling his hand out from my jeans.

I turned around, pushing him away as I stepped past him. "Bore." He scoffed, sucking his fingers.

"Sit." I ordered, pointing at my desk.

"Ooh bossy Maddy is back." He chuckled. "She's always a barrel of laughs."

"Shut up." I sighed, eye rolling him as I opened the box.

A few minutes later I had almost finished helping as much as I could, barely talking with Ross as every remark he made was well Ross like.

Suddenly, Ross's arm shot up and snatched my wrist, pulling me closer. "That hurts Maddy." He said through gritted teeth.

"Well maybe if you kept still it wouldn't." I retorted.

Our silence allowed us to realise how close we were in the moment. Sexual tension burned inside of us. Ross learnt forward and I couldn't bring myself to move away so I let the kiss happen.

"I need to get back." I said, finally pulling away. "Will is waiting for me in the pub."

Ross groaned. "You're such a tease."

I walked out of my office, Ross following close behind. "I want this car done by the time I get back." I ordered.

"Yes boss." He chuckled before his tone turned serious. "Are you going to go through with it?"

"With what?" I asked.

"The proposal."

"I don't know." I replied.

"Maddy please, I know I messed up. I risked everything but it was all for you. I promise to you I'll never do anything like this again."

"You promised me before and broke it." I said. "Which is why I can't promise you anything."

"But you'll think about it?"

I nodded, walking back to the pub to finish my drinks with Will.

* * *

"Take your time why don't you." Will laughed.

"Sorry." I sighed.

"Where's Lilli?"

"What?"

"You said you had to go pick Lilli up?"

"Oh yeah, he wasn't in." I said. "So he will be receiving a rather angry message when he drops her off."

"You mean we have the house to our selves for a little longer?" He questioned with a smirk.

I nodded. "But can we just stay here? I want to make sure Dad doesn't ruin things with Emily."

"Course." He said. "Another drink?"

I nodded. "Thanks."

It's not that I didn't want to do anything with Will, I did, I loved him and he was incredibly attractive but I always felt dirty after being with Ross.