Chapter 61

"Dad!" I shouted as some nurses wheeled him through the hospital hallways on a bed.

"I'm sorry but you can't see him now." A doctor said, rushing along behind them.

A pain caused me to cling to my gut but I couldn't even bring myself to think of anything but my dad.

"You should get checked out whilst you wait." A nurse suggested.

"I'm fine." I told her.

"You won't be able to leave until you're examined yourself."

"I said I'm fine." I hissed.

I sighed, sitting down on one of the chairs and pulling my hands up to my face to shield my teary eyes. "It's going to be okay." Ross sighed, placing hand on my back.

I quickly stood up to get away from him. "Will never would of done this, he would of listened to me." I spat.

"There's a reason you're not with Will and you're with me." He snapped, back standing up.

Deep down I knew this wasn't Ross's fault, very deep down. He was protecting me and I understood that to some extent but all that I could feel on my top layer of skin was hatred for him. I didn't care if getting my dad out meant I didn't make it, that's the way us Kingsley's worked- no Kingsley left behind- which is why I understood why my dad lied to me but that didn't make it any easier.

My family burst through the doors: Gale, Ian, Mum, Rachel, Josh, Nina, Mason and even Fred and his family.

"How is he?" Gale asked.

"They won't let me see him." I replied with a shrug.

"Are you okay?" Mum asked, squeezing me tightly.

"Ah, sore." I replied, pushing her away from me.

"Well have you been looked over?" She asked.

"She won't let them." Ross said.

"Babe, why not?" She asked.

"You honestly think I care about myself right now?" I questioned.

"Normally doesn't stop you." Grace spoke up from the doorway.

"What the hell is she doing here?" Rachel asked.

"Ross was near the crash." Gale said.

"Oh poor Ross!" I yelled. "Ross is the reason he could be dead."

"Maddy!" Gale exclaimed.

"What do you mean?" Josh asked.

"Ask him, I need some air." I spat before walking out of the waiting room.

Will's POV:

I approached the hospital after parking up, my mum insisted on coming for Ross even though I told her he'd be fine but I had to come to see if Maddy was okay. She'd broken my heart but that didn't mean I stopped loving her, I will always love her.

I turned the corner, approaching the hospital when Maddy burst out the door, spewing her guts over the grass.

"You know, it's a hospital, they have special bowls for that?" I questioned, stepping closer to her.

"Did I really hit my head that hard?" She asked out loud.

"I had to make sure you were okay." I replied.

"Well I am." She said.

Looking down I caught a glimpse of her vomit to see it a distinct red colour. "Maddy that's blood!" I exclaimed, looking up at her.

Her eyes rolled in her head and she collapsed to the side, I quickly outstretched my arms, catching her before she hit the concrete.

"Maddy?"

No reply.

I scooped her up in my arms, bursting through the doors and running through the hospital. "I need some help over here!" I exclaimed, catching attention of many people.

"Will?" Mum questioned.

"Maddy!" Claire exclaimed, running over to us with the majority of her family behind her.

"Put her on here." A nurse ordered, rushing over with a bed. I followed her rules, laying her down as her family faffed over her.

"What are you to here?" She asked.

"B- friend, I'm a friend." I replied.

"Please wait out here." She instructed before pushing her through a set of doors.

I turned around and my eyes met Ross's. My fists clenched, tighter and tighter as he walked over to me.

"Thank you." He said causing me to drop them.

"What?"

"You heard." Ross snapped, before sitting back down again on a chair.

* * *

"You did the right thing." Rachel said to Ross.

"If I had gotten her out of there sooner-"

"You'd be superman." She interrupted. "You got her out of there as quick as you could."

"And she hates me." Ross sighed.

"Tom's a fighter." Gale said. "And when he wakes up I assure you, you'd much rather have Maddy mad at you for a little whilst than Tom for getting his daughter killed."