Chapter 50

Maddy's POV:

"There you go." I said, handing a middle aged woman her keys back.

"I paid you when I dropped it off, right?"

"Yep." I replied. "I parked it out front for you."

"Thank you." She replied, walking down the driveway.

I leaned back against one of the cars as she drove her white Nissan away.

"Excuse me." A dark haired man said, waltzing over to me.

"Yes?" I questioned. "Do you have a car here?"

"No actually, I was wanting to talk to you." He said, leaning against the car beside me and stroking the side of my face.

I stepped up from the car, glaring at him. The phone rang inside, saving me from yelling at a potential customer.

"I'll be one minute." I said.

Quickly, he stepped up, grabbing my arm. "Well I'll only be a second."

I shoved him off me, grabbing a spanner from the tool tray and throwing it at him. It slammed against the garage wall which echoed around the garage as he flinched, shielding himself from it. "Get off me!"

"Hey!" Ross boomed, running up the driveway. He shoved the guy away from me and stood in front of me.

"Just the man I was looking for." He smirked.

"You two know each other?" I questioned.

"You could say that." Ross said. "What the hell are you doing here Jace?"

"Like I told you before twenty grand." Jace said.

"And like I told you, I'm not giving you anything-"

"Twenty grand for what?" I questioned.

The two exchanged looks. "For what Ross!?"

"Can we talk about this later?" He sighed.

"Aww, a lovers spout." Jace smirked. "I'll leave you two to it then."

"Go." Ross ordered.

"I hope to see you very soon." Jace winked at me.

Ross went to leap at him but I grabbed his arm. "You have bigger problems than him." I hissed as Jace walked out of the driveway.

Ross watched him leave before looking down at me. I knew it was something dodgy and that he didn't want to tell me any of it.

"So?" I pressed.

"Drag race." He admitted.

"When?" I demanded.

Ross sighed, his eyes looking anywhere but mine. "When Ross!"

They finally landed on mine, I stared angrily into his dark eyes. "Last night."

I shook my head, storming down the driveway. Ross's heavy footsteps followed me and eventually he grabbed my arm, turning me around. "Let me explain."

"No Ross you promised me no more dodgy stuff." I snapped.

"It was full proof! I couldn't lose!" He exclaimed.

"Then how come you did?"

"The guy cheated, I didn't stand a chance." He explained. "And now that guy wants me to pay him the money I owe him."

"That's what happens when you play theses games Ross, people cheat and people get hurt."

"Oh and you're an angle?"

"No but I cut all that out when I found out about Lilli because I knew it was dangerous!"

"The only reason I did it was for you, so we could have enough money to support Lilli. Most girls would be honoured." He said.

"When have you ever known me to be like most girls?" I hissed. "I was willing to give up everything for you, a secure loving life, a family for Lilli, the rejection of my own family! For what?"

I trudged through the stoney driveway and down the street with my hands deep in my pockets and my mind racing.

Ross's POV:

She walked away, her hips swaying from side to side and she left. Left me.

I turned around, running a tight hand through my hair as I tried to think of a way to get out of this.

I yelled out in anger and frustration, flipping a tool tray over and kicking through a cars tail light which I knew I'd have to literally pay for later.

I had ruined everything.