Chapter 50 - Channel Taylor Swift

A/N - sorry about the delay in the update, after the whole copycat thing I just lost my will to write for a while there. I will be changing Zoey's pOV to Avalon's in the editted version :) but both Jesse and Zoey will reappear in the story so dont forget who they are :)

Thank you to all those who gave me lovely messages they inspired me to keep writing

Avalon POV (picture Jesse's memory of Av and Mr Hogglesnort)

"Bit rough is he?" Harry asks as I trot Peanut over to him and Flea. Amber puts her ears back at him; she's never impressed when I ride other horses. She should be happy she just missed out on the Scudda Hoo, her least favourite event. But no her lips twitch she's obviously dying to rip a chunk out of Peanuts bay hide.

And she will if I take him any closer.  Amber doesn't always show the classical horse signs of pre warning, she kind of just strikes but she gets this 'look' in her eye where she kind of looks of sideways like the horse or person is beneath her. Nathan reckons it must build up inside her until she can't keep it inside. Patting Peanuts neck I look at Harry and Flea considering his question. "He kind of rides like a tank for me... just like Midnight, my brother's horse. I reckon he's just a man's horse. I bet Zoey's father tried him out and he went beautifully and can't understand why Zoey doesn't like him." I shake my head. "He's not a horse for a girl that's a bit timid. He kind of feeds from you."

Glancing over to the busy stall while Flea runs a practised hand over Peanut I smile at Zoey and D their heads together with their pencils out. She seems like such a sweet girl, I wonder why those types of girls, like her and D are so unconfident, they've got a ton going for them they just have to realise it.

"Do you think she would mind if I had a burl?" Flea asks breaking me out of my thoughts of why I'm not like most girls. Imagining Dastardly Doreen's expression if she heard that question I grin at him and slide off. I don't hesitate because that would mean I doubt him, to me he wouldn't ask if he didn't think he could ride him, plus the look on his face right now as he adjusts the stirrups would be worth the worst tirade Doreen could throw at me.

Zoey is a fair bit bigger than me so her saddle should be fine and I keep my eyes averted as Flea tries a few times to get himself up in the saddle, the strength in his arms not what is once was. My Dad always busies himself doing something else when someone struggles with something; it's a trait all my brothers have inherited as well. Unless someone asks you don't doubt them by taking over.  Finally he swings up settling into the saddle like some people would into their favourite armchair. I glance at Harry who can't help but give a crooked smile either. Flea looks like he is in heaven. He settles himself throws us a huge grin and turns Peanut into the arena.

"So I see you made a good decision. When I saw your face before with your pals I thought... you were going to swing down my icy street for sure," Harry chimes in as we watch Flea move Peanut in to a nice trot. Definitely a man's horse. Peanut is working like a champ, it gives me the willies because Flea is going to be my coach for jumping and the guy hasn't ridden for like years and years and is just out there riding as good as anyone else.

"I nearly did waltz down your street ice skates hanging at the ready, my walls came up like a bloody flash flood," I mused at what could have happened if D didn't surprise the hell out of me. "And I had as much control over them as one too. It was like I was an ant on a stick in a flash flood actually. I wanted to get off, I think, but I couldn't."

"What changed your mind? I know it's not easy when you're that gone believe me," Harry turns to watch me as Amber moves to nudge me to stroke her more. Leaning down I kiss her on her soft nose.