Chapter 8

Dan pulled me through the crowd, keeping me close. Why did he care so much? I'm not important! certainly not enough for a beloved internet star loved by many to risk his freaking life! why wouldn't he just listen?! my dad is going to torture me! I can't imagine what will happen to dan... oh god. I have to stop this. "Dan please!!! don't do this!!" I pleaded hardly. God can he please please please just listen! "I said it's not up for discussion, max. " He said, continuing to drag me through London. "Dan! you don't even know where you're going!" I exclaimed. I was right though, I never told him where I lived. he turned around suddenly. "Then here's your choice, max, you give me your address and take me to where you live, I fix the problem myself, or I go to the police, show them the evidence, and then your dad is in jail? which one will it be?" he looked into my eyes deeply. The police would be the best way to keep him safe, and he was not backing down. "Police. " I decided. He frowned and dragged me into the police office. "Excuse me, I need to report abuse on a young girl. " He told the lady at the desk. "Okay and who is the girl and how do you know for sure. He pushed me in front of him and showed the scars and bruises and welts and every other imperfection. "Oh my. And who is the suspected abuser?" she asked "my father, Jimmy Rush. " I said, obeying dan. The woman started doing all her work and getting police dispatches to arrest my dad ad accuse him of abuse. They have enough on him though. Dan whispered in my ear "your full name is Maximum Rush?"

"Yeaup" I popped the "p".

"Cool. " He smiled into my ear and leaned back to a standing position.

After a while they asked if I had any relatives to stay with. I don't. My mom died and we didn't have anyone else honestly. "Do you have any place you can stay?" she asked

"Ummm..." I was trying to think of a place when dan said something odd.

"She can stay with me." He said smiling at me. There's that smile I was talking about. It's even more amazing in person. I grinned like an idiot. Then I bit my lip and look away. Dan didn't stop smiling at me though. I looked at him through my hair.

After a while of waiting, I saw police being in my dad in hand cuffs. We were questioned for most of the night. It was quite awkward when they were talking to us all together and they asked me and dan our relationship status with each other. "Umm... erm... uhh, f-friends. Close friends. " We managed to fumble out. The police officer looked at dan, then me, then dan, then back at me and said "you sure?"

"Yeaupp...." I glanced away.

Finally my dad was going to be out in jail until trial and I was going to be staying with dan and Phil. ASDFGDJDLALAJSJSKDLSL!!!!!!!! O basically had a stroke when I realized that and started kinda twitching. Finally I went home. I packed my clothes, my Poo Bear, my school stuff, my electronics, my makeup/ bath things, all my hidden temporary hair dyes. I thought of bringing my razor blade. I was holding it when Dan walked in saying "need help with anything" his smile faded when he saw that in my hand. "Umm......" I stumbled. he walked over to me and grabbed the razor blade. "Now," he looked at me sweetly with his chocolate brown eyes "if your going to live with us, you can't bring this little buddy. " He smiled as he finished. I watched him as he took the razor blade and through it out the window. "There. Need any more help?" he asked as I picked up my last box. I didn't have much to bring. "Nope. Didn't have much. " I smiled and walked out with the box and went out to the cab.

We finally arrived at their apartment. Dan opened the door and Phil let off one of those confetti poppers. I nearly cried, but that would have been massively embarrassing. Dan walked in and set the boxes down. And he said two little words that almost broke my no crying pact.

"Welcome home."