Chapter 3

As it got around To lunch I walked over to the auditorium with my lunch. I walked through the doors and Zach came up to me smiling like a puppy. "Hey! I'm gal you can make it! we can eat and then start practice. Oh! before I forget, do you mind being on YouTube?" he rushed quickly. "Umm no actually. I love youtube. I've been thinking of starting my own channel actually." I replied. "Ok cool. What songs do you like?" He asked. "Hmm....... Seven Nation Army by the White Stripes. I can play that one on bass too." I thought "Oh good but we have a bass player. If you can sing it we can do it" he smiled an introduced me to the rest. There was Arabella (Ara for short) who was the bass player, Adam, the drummer, zach is lead guitar, while a boy names Ezra is rhythm guitarist. And I am singer. Ara can sing back up though which is comforting. I played with my stacked bracelets and looked at my feet. "So Maxi," Ara said playfully with a grin, "Let's see whatya got." I coughed and though I should sing Paradise by Coldplay. with every word I sang with passion. As I got into the song I narrowed my eyes and moved out from my blonde fringe. I could feel every one looking at my icy blues eyes. I knew it would have a strong impression. "She dreamed of para, para, paradise. Yeah she dreamed of para, para, paradise. Every time she closed her eyes..." And now chorus "I DREAMED OF PARA, PARA, PARADISE! PARA PARA, PARADISE!" I loved this song. As the song came to an end I let my fringe fall back in place from where my hand had pushed it up. Like I always did when I really got into a song. Zach started clapping , along with Ezra, Adam, and Ara. She was impressed. I smiled and did a little bow. "Well done, Maxi. You're all right." she gave me a sly but truthful smile and I knew that that said a lot if she said something. "I got it on film!" Adam sang. I didn't even see the camera in his hand till now. "Max, you mind if we upload it? You know, 'our new lead singer'." zach asked. I smiled and said "sure."

When school let out I went to a Starbucks and watched youtube. Dan had a new video up finally. I watched as the video played out and noticed how many people stared at me when I started laughing. I turned off my computer and started homework. I had a lot of will power today for some reason. After I finished my homework I noticed it was 4:30. Shit. I was going to be late if I didn't run. I quickly packed my stuff and rushed out of the cafe. Fuck. Shit. Fuck fuck fuck. I am so fucking dead goddammit I'm such and idiot. It really is my fault if I haven't learned to be cautious yet. "Oh shi-!" I yelled as I plowed into somebody on the street. "IM SO SORRY!!" I yelled back. I didn't have time to chat. I ran into a male so he probably wouldn't worry about it (I know that sounds really sexist but girls tend to make a bigger deal out of things. Not all of them. Just all the ones I run into. No pun intended.)

I ran up my apartment steps into the building an caught the lift. (I told you the speech pattern stuck with me sometimes) I rushed through the door and put my stuff in my little room quickly then immediately started dinner. "I'm so sorry dad it took me longer to get back here I'm starting dinner right away. " I pleaded I felt a thwap! in the back of my head. Oh fuck. "I ASK VERY LITTLE OF YOU MAX! YOU UNAPPRECIATIVE LITTLE BITCH!!" he screamed. i groaned my words out "...I'm... Sorry... won't happen... again... s-sir..." I tried to get out my words. This fucking hurt much more than the pain. Having to play weak and innocent as I now down to the "all mighty". It took away all my dignity. "You better hope so. Or I'm punishing you and you will be in time out. " By this he meant chaining me in the guest bedroom for a long amount of time without food and very little water. Yeah... maybe he is as bad as he sounds. He didn't use anything I cave in my head. So it was a small lump. That smart bastard.