Chapter 30: Waking Up in the Great Unknown

Elizabeth's P.O.V.

       I woke up with a shooting pain in my head. I don't feel the warmth of the sun or see any light through my eyelids. It must be the middle of the night, so I decide to roll over on my other side and sleep. I tried to turn, but I couldn't. I then realize that something is holding my wrist and ankles. My eyes shoot open and I can't see anything. I wait for my eyes to adjust to the lighting and I see I am laying on a table with chains wrapped around my wrists and ankles. The room I'm in looks like an old fashioned dungeon. I try using my magic to break the chains but it causes my whole body to burn. It felt like I was being burned alive and I screamed. I realized that these chains were to prevent me from using my magic. The door opened and Thanos walks in.

"I see you finally woke up." He said.

"What do you want? Why are you treating me like complete shit? Especially right before our wedding?" I ask.

"You see Elizabeth, I have heard from outside sources that you have planned to leave me at the alter and marry that sad excuse of a God. He worked for me and forbade me. I should've taken his life, but now I know you have grown fond of him and you have a soft spot for him. So he is my bargaining chip. Do you understand?" I decided to act like I didn't know what he was talking about.

"I'm sorry? What on earth are you talking about? Loki isn't my fiancé, lover, or anything. He means nothing to me." I said.

"If he means so little to you, why were you sleeping next to him and trying to wake him up when I came to get you?"

"I was sleeping with him because we convinced the All-father that we were going to wed so I could visit Asgard. Nothing else."

"Then you wouldn't mind me killing him?"

"No, for all I care he can die right before my eyes and I'd still feel nothing. You know I was planned to wed you before birth, and that I have yet to break any promises to you or my family." Thanos saw my statement and took it into consideration. After a minute he snapped his fingers and a jailer undid the chains.

"Well until our wedding, you shall be staying here from now on. You will dress how I tell you to, eat what I tell you to and when I tell you to, and only do what I tell you to until I see that you only care about me and not that little frost giant got it?" He said.

"Yes."

"Yes what?"

"Yes, my King." I said. He was grinning like a mad man. He snapped his fingers twice and two maids showed up.

"Take my bride to her room and get her cleaned up and into something more appropriate." He said. The maids started walking until Thanos stopped them and put a silver and black bracelet over my wrist. I raised an eyebrow at him and gave him a weird look. "It's to prevent you from causing any trouble with your magic." He said. The maids then continued to walk and take me to a room. I was lead into a dark bedroom with a large black bed, a small library, a piano, pictures and picture frames of family members, red lamps, china vases, a desk, chairs, and couches. There were actually windows in my room. I looked out them and could only see a grey sky full of grey clouds.

I went into the bathroom and I showered

I went into the bathroom and I showered. I dried off and let the maids do my hair and make up. I wore a dark purple and silver dress and silver heels. I made the maids keep my hair and makeup light and natural.

The maids left and didn't say a word to me

The maids left and didn't say a word to me. When they shut the door I heard a lock and realized I was locked in my room. I had to get out of her and get to Loki or Tony to warn them. I tried to ram into the door and a force field bounced me to the other side of the room. I then grabbed a pin from my bathroom and tried to pick the lock and the same thing happened. Over all the years I have known Thanos, I have never known him to be this extreme with any prisoner. I was starting to lose hope, but I couldn't give up. I was very limited. I had no magic, I couldn't escape my room, and I had no communication with the outside world so my chances of escaping are really small. I plopped down on my bed and decided to try and think of a better solution. Then it hit me. If I gain Thanos' favor, then he will let me roam around and I can take that time to escape. As soon as I was thinking of how to gain Thanos' favor, a guard came in.

"Thanos requests your presence at dinner." He said. I got up and walked out the door and followed the guard. The dinning room was also black. The walls were a dark grey and the chairs were black with dark grey cushions. I saw him sitting on one side of the table and saw plates set up on his right side. I walked over and took my seat next to him they brought out the first dish. It was a weird salad with various vegetables and a vinaigrette of some kind. I took a bite and it tasted pretty dull and seemed to lack flavor. I tried to rid the taste with some wine.

"So, your parents should be coming in the next few days for our wedding." When he said that I started to choke on my wine. I was coughing and coughing.

"I'm sorry? Why are my parents coming so soon? The wedding isn't for another two weeks."

"Actually you were passed out for a week."

"A week!!!" Looks like my time is shorter than I thought. How am I going to gain his favor in such a short amount of time? I couldn't do that for the life of me. Oh gosh. "Forgive me but I need to be excused." I said as I stood up and scurried to my room. Oh I'm so dead.

"Please somebody, anybody save me." I said.

A.N.

So what did you guys think? I know I have been a little busy lately and I'm so sorry for that. I hope you guys liked this chapter. If you liked it please comment or subscribe. If you have any questions, comments, or ideas let me know. Thanks again for reading this. Bye