Chapter 6: Sleepless

Elizabeth's P.O.V.

      For the last four days, I have been staying in the tower training and hanging out with the Avengers. I learned Thor will do anything for pop tarts, Steve has never danced with a girl, Nat was evil at one point, Clint has a wife and kids, Bruce is a scientist and doctor, and Loki uses my room all the time and is adopted. How'd I figure this out? I went through all their files and used the security cameras Tony put up around the tower. I already know almost everything about Tony from when he was born to the last one night-stand he had.

          I haven't been contacted by any of my parents which is kinda scaring me because it could mean one of three things: 1. They are planning something big, like taking over the world and killing Batman. 2. They are in danger or just in jail, again. 3. They are dead.

         I'm going with the first one, because they would've been on the news again if they tried numbers two and three.

         Today, I want to do nothing but sleep in my bed. I have been having these weird dreams about this Thanos torturing a man who I seem to care about. The man who is being tortured is blurry and I can't make out his face as he screams in pain. Every night this dream continues and it seems to get worse and worse, so I've been waking up extremely early tired and bored out of my mind.

On my fifth night at the tower, I wake up around two in the morning and head to the kitchen to make some tea. I walk in the kitchen and make myself on cup of green tea, knowing that sleep isn't an option anymore. Then I hear quiet footsteps and turn around. I turn right into Loki.

"What are you doing up?" I ask quietly.

"I could ask you the same, mortal." He replies.

"I am making a cup of tea since I cannot sleep. Now what about you."

"Couldn't sleep." He replies with a frown and sad look in his eyes.

"Nightmare?"

"Wouldn't you like to know."

"I have them too you know. I even had them as a kid to help......" I stop mid sentence so he doesn't know that's who my parents are, and that's how they trained me mentally. Let me tell you, if you don't have the nightmare king as your father you haven't seen scary.

"Help you with what?"

"Um..help me get through fears." I answer, which was partially true because the less fears you have the stronger you will be.

"That's an odd way to view it."

"Yeah, do you want some tea?" I asked to change the subject.

"I don't need any of your Midgardian excuses for a drink."

"Just try it, if you don't like it you can read in the library in my room tonight."

"Deal." He smirks as he says it.

I get a new mug and make green tea for him as well. I place it in front of him and tell him to drink it and not question it because, I don't feel like playing 21 questions about tea.

"I'm guessing you liked it." I reply looking at the now empty mug.

"It's ok I suppose." He replies casually.

"Ok whatever helps you sleep."

"But I don't sleep." He replies.

"And that's probably why." I say smirking.

As I was walking to my room he was following me and it bothered me. After about a minute of him following me, I ask him: "Where do you think you're going?"

"Well, since we had a deal that if I didn't like the tea I could read in your room."

"You said it was good."

"I said it was ok not good, so therefore I can read in your library."

"Fine." I reply realizing I should be more careful with making deals with him. When we made it to our room I sat on the couch reading "The Red Queen." Loki looked around the bookshelf and picked up "Hamlet" and sat down next to me. After about 2 hours I felt even more drowsy, which is hard to believe since I drank tea. I'm fighting my eyelids to stay awake and not fall asleep.

I wake up and realize I had no nightmares/dreams as I snuggle into the warm pillow I'm laying on. Then the pillow starts to move which scared the crap out of me and my eyes shoot open. I realize I'm laying on top of a sleeping Loki. I blush and try to escape but he has a hand on my waist. I get out of the position and leave him sleeping on my couch. I hope he wakes up and doesn't know what happened last night that is my wish . I go to the kitchen to go get breakfast.

A.N.

Sorry I expected to write this sooner but you know life gets in the way and stuff. So what do you think? It will get better because I do have an idea of how this is going to go. If you want to add on to the story or characters let me know in the comments. Please vote and comment.