Chapter 12- Nightmares

Lilith walked through the woods slowly. Winter had settled over the Island, frost covered nearly ever inch of the forest. She didn't really notice because she had her nose stuck in a book. She walked through the cave door and inside, where she was greeted by the strong smell of roses. She looked up from her book to find her self in what looked like a jungle.

The cave had been over run with every kind of plant imaginable, with no trace of the winter outside. There were vines and trees growing over everything. Flowers bloomed all through the cave covering nearly every inch. She walked in slowly and the door closed behind her as she stared. She walked over to the platform that they practiced on everyday, to a large tree that grew there. It seemed too be the epicenter of the enter indoor forest, all the new plants lead back this tree. Lilith couldn't help but smile as she touched the trunk, so much energy emanated from it. 

"I really like it?" A woman's voice said Lilith turned to find herself face to face with her mother. Her flaming red hair mirroring Lilith's, she had bright red lips and leaves growing out of her face like a mask. She wore a long cloak that looked as if it was make of leaves and sparkles. She wore an intricate a short green dress. Her arms and legs were covered in vines. Where ever her feet touched flowers grew after her. 

"Mother?" Lilith asked, "Hello baby," she said reaching out with one hand touching Lilith chin then kissed, and Lilith's forehead. "Why? Why are you here?" Lilith asked slowly, her feet feeling as if they were glued to the floor. "To see you, can't a mother want to she her own child?" Ivy asked with a smile. Lilith looked into her mothers face, unsure of what exactly she was seeing. Her mother was standing before her, but how.

"I am proud of you though, if you hadn't taken out the Young Justice League. I would have never gotten to the actual Justice League." Her mother said with a smile as she waved her hand gesturing around them. "What?" Lilith asked confused, "I'm so proud." "I did this?" Lilith asked confused, "Who else could have?" Ivy asked, "I-I didn't-" "Oh don't tell me you really thought you could fight who you really are?" Ivy said, "Who I really am?" Lilith asked, "You have my blood in your veins after all." Her mother said still smiling, Lilith looked around the room panicked. "Where's the team?" She asked, "Oh them, I've been having some fun with them." Ivy pointed at the tree branches above them. 

Large flowers were held there, and as Ivy pointed at them they opened relieving nearly the entire team each wrapped up. Each in there own bud. "They'll make great fertilizer for the garden, don't you think?" Her mother said, Lilith stared in horror at her friends. It took her a second before she realized one was missing. "Where's Conner?!" She yelled, Poison Ivy laughed as the flowers closed again. "Oh him well, I thought you deserved a treat after all you've done for me." Ivy waved her hand and a puff of pink smoke came from it.

Lilith watched the trail go behind the tree, seconds later Conner walked forward. He had a handful of vines wrapped around him and his eyes were blank, like he wasn't all quite there. "Lover boy is all yours, since his ex-girlfriend is now plant food." Ivy mused, "Conner?" Lilith breathed, horrified. "Hello my love," he said his voice calm almost not his. "No, not like this. I never wanted it to happen like this." Lilith said running over to him and trying to tare the vines that wrapped around him, to no avail. "What do you not like him? Well I mean he's no Superman, but neither is Superman anymore." Ivy practically laughed, Lilith looked over at her mother who had walked away. She was now standing next to Superman and Batman both with the same expression as Conner. "Now come my baby girl, with you by my side we can take over this world with ease."

"No, no." Lilith said shaking her head, "No? Come now don't fight it after all it's who you are, and you know it deep down in side you are exactly like me." She smiled waving her hand and a vine wrapped around Lilith and pulling her to Ivy. Her mother smiled and grabbed Lilith's chin, "No one can resist me not even you." Ivy slowly blew pink smoke in Lilith's face.

Lilith woke with a jolt, she looked around her small cabin room. For once she hadn't wondered outside in her sleep. There were however vines growing through the open window wrapping around her bed, practically lifting it off the floor. "Just a dream," she sighed, she looked at the clock it was a quarter til five. The sky was still dark outside but she decided getting up was better than staring at the ceiling for another hour. She got up and looked out the window, the entire forest was covered in morning frost. Lilith sighed and got dressed, she walked to school and found the garden covered in frost. She sighed again and started clearing out dead plants. The sun slow rose as she worked.

"Hey, I didn't know we had club today." Conner said, Lilith looked up in surprise. He was in his running clothes and had a water bottle on his hand. Her face turning slightly red as her dream crossed her mind. She looked back down at the bush she had been pruning. "We didn't, but since we've been so busy lately I thought I should come here when I could." She said, "Want help?" He asked moving closer, "No-no, I'm fine. There's not a lot to do in winter anyways." Lilith said, "Alright? See you later then," he said, she nodded and he ran off stopping only for a moment to look back but she was still looking at the bush. He didn't see her watch him leave, her face turning red as she went back to work and tried to forget the dream. Too no avail.