Chapter 46- This Weeks Lesson is...

Lilith sat cross-legged on her bed with a hot cup of tea in her hands. She bit her lip as she stared at the wall. Lilith could see the light from the reading lamp in the living room was still on. It's light streaming under her door. She had turned off the light to her room having pretended to have gone to bed hours ago; however, her brain was running ten miles a minute.

She knew her father had fallen asleep in the reading chair when there was a soft rapping at her window. Lilith stood setting the cup on her bedside table before going to the window.

Lance stood on the other side half hanging out of a dark portal. With a soft smile on his lips, Lilith opened the window.

"So it wasn't a hallucination," Lilith complained, leaning on her windowsill. "Nope, I'm real? Are you?" Lance teased, "Just help me out of the window we need to go somewhere no one can hear us," Lilith said, holding her gloved hand out the window. He took it as he helped her out.

"Come on in here," He said not letting go of her hand as he led her into the portal. Lilith didn't pull her gloved hand from his until they were floating in the darkness. She sighed as she noticed they weren't alone, "Tucker? Why are you here?" Lilith asked, "I-I um aaaaaa-" He trailed off, so Lilith looked to Lance for translation. Trying her best to keep from smiling.

"I thought you'd feel more comfortable if we weren't alone," Lance explained, "So you thought outnumbering me would make me happier?" Lilith half teased, but her voice was so cold they couldn't tell. Lance started shaking his hands. "No, no I wasn't trying to-" Lance started, "It's fine Lance," Lilith interrupted, Lance looked at Tucker and they both looked down.

"At least it makes sense now," Lilith muttered, "What does?" Lance asked, "The lack of poison ivy rash," Lilith said then when he stared at her in confusion she explained. "My powers have a backlash Lance, I'm cursed. Anyone who touches me gets Poison Ivy rashes, and my lips are poisonous."

Lance and tucker stared at her, "You having magic now it makes sense on why you weren't affected you poofed it away," Lilith muttered, "Yeah I had a rash but I made it vanish. Tuckers too, but I thought..." Lance trailed off. "Your powers that's why you don't like being touched," Tucker said and Lilith looked away nodding. Anger festering, she hated having to explain this to them.

"So how long-? How did you-?" Lilith started to say yet was unsure what to really ask, "What did you two want to talk to me about?" Lilith finally asked, clutching her shirt. Lance and Tucker looked at each other, then together said, "We're sorry!"

"For what attacking me and my friends, or stealing things?" Lilith said crossing her arms, "We have a good reason," Tucker blurted, and Lilith stared at him until he shrunk back face turning red. "Sorry," Tucker mumbled, Lilith looked away. His voice was enchanting even when he wasn't using his powers, not that she'd ever would admit that to anyone.

"No I'm sorry, it's just odd, hearing your voice. Now I really believe you are Mayhem," Lilith said, then looked at Lance. "And you're Prince," she sighed, Lance ran his hand through his hair nervously.

"I really don't like that name," Lance muttered, "Too bad because calling you a royal pain in the butt sounds fun," Lilith sneered crossing her arms as Lance shrunk back as well.

"I've never seen you act like this before," Lance said looking at her, "Well you've also never seen me angry," Lilith reminded him, "Right," He said, his shoulders falling. "We didn't mean to anger you, it was an accident. We didn't know you were-well you," Tucker said, softly. Lilith's anger boiled down into tears as she buried her face in her hands.

"Lilith," Lance said at the same time Tucker said, "Jewel."

Without really thinking they both moved closer to her. In an attempt to comfort her they half hugged her.