Chapter 37- Butterflies

Lilith sighed deeply as she sat quietly her arms around her knees. She had run for a while and somehow found the new butterfly pavilion. It was fairly empty so she went in only to find a flower field. There were plenty of places to sit and look a the flowers and butterflies, Lilith hid behind a rather large tree near a bunch of bushes, the few people that entered couldn't or just didn't see her as they walked. Lilith sighed she kept trying to think about why she had run. She could have just told them she didn't know her mom, or she didn't want to talk about it. Yet like usual she ran instead. It wasn't for attention and she even as the plants to hide her from Conner's powers. She wasn't sure how they'd do it but she just wanted sit with the butterflies in silence. She liked silence.

Lilith didn't how long she was there when she heard someone complaining about a guy in the walk way. Lilith looked and sighed, and moved to crawl away pausing at the edge of a bush. That's when she saw Tucker sitting peacefully on the side walk next to her trying to take pictures of the butterflies on the flowers. He had his camera trained on a butterfly and ended up following it as it landed on Liliths nose he snapped a quick picture and then paused.

"Hi," Lilith said softly, he gave her a soft smile and pulled out his phone. "No!" Lilith half shouted putting her hand over his phone blocking him from unlocking it. "Sorry but could you not tell them you found me just yet, please?" She pleaded, he paused giving her a disapproving look. He looked around but then nodded and put his phone away.

They stared at each other in silence for a second, Tucker playing with his camera while Lilith just sat there. "I know you want to say something, here txt it to me." She blurted handing him her phone. He seemed surprised and quickly added his number to her phone and vis versa. Then he sent a message to her.

"They're all looking for you," Tucker messaged, Lilith sighed and moved to go sit on the nearest bench. "I know but, I just can't right now." Lilith told him not bothering to text it. He sat next to her just as she got another message.

"Mom touchy subject?" He asked and Lilith nodded, "Sorry," He added, Lilith shrugged. She liked silence but talking half through text was weird even to her. "I don't handle awkward situations very well." Lilith told him and he gave her a look that said, 'Oh really?' Rather sarcastically.

Lilith smirked as she read, "You don't have to talk about it if you don't want to," Tucker said, "Thanks," Lilith said softly and they both sat there silently, Lilith took deep breaths as the smell of flowers that surrounded them. Tucker played with his camera as they sat there seeming content to be in silence.

"They're probably going to get worried soon, or they're already worried." Lilith said as she realized there were at least a half a dozen calls and texts form Conner and Lance, both apologizing.

Tucker stood and gestured for her to follow him, not moving until she did so. They had barely stepped foot outside when Lance came running over seeing Lilith. He however was alone.

"Lilith! Tucker found you?" Lance asked seeming out of breath. "Yeah, sorry for running." Lilith said, "Don't worry about it we really shouldn't have pushed." He immediately apologized, "Oh you found her," Musa said as she, Edwin, and Conner came running over. "I'm-" Lilith started, "I'm so sorry Lilith! I didn't mean to bring up any bad memories," Musa said practically crying as she tackled Lilith, Lilith with her arms practically pinned to her sides did the best she could to pat Musa on the back in comfort. Lilith was glad she had chosen the high collar shirt, since Musa face was buried in Lilith's chest as she cried.

"It's okay Musa, I really shouldn't have run." Lilith said softly, Edwin pulled Musa off Lilith earning a grateful look from Lilith. "Well the days only half done shall we get going?" Lilith asked, they all agreed and turned to leave. Conner moving to walk next to Lilith. "Wait I thought the whole reason you came was because you wanted to see the butterflies," Lance said point back at the pop up garden she had just come from.