Chapter 11- Faimly

Lilith sat in her house staring at the fire in the fireplace. They had gotten back hours ago, and that's when the trouble started. Her mind went back to what Batman had said when he heard about Ivy.

"I knew this was a bad idea, Lilith your off this mission." Batman said, he sounded almost angry. "What?" She and Robin said at the same time. Everyone except Conner and Aqua-lad were there in the cave listening. "I knew you weren't ready," he said walking away Lilith at his heels. "But I'm fine, I was just caught off guard." "I don't care, your going to back to training only, no more missions until they're caught!" He yelled stopping and turning to face her, "NO!" Lilith yelled and even Robin was surprised.

"You can't just lock me up here!" she yelled, Batman's jaw tightened as he looked down at her and calmly said. "I can and will Ivy is not your responsibly," "Why because you faced her first, or because you don't think I can handle fighting her again?" she asked her hands tightening into fists. "Both," he said his voice to calm. "You can't ground me, I can do this." Lilith said trying to stay calm. "You obviously can't," "I was doing fine, she was just stronger than I expected." Lilith tried to explain, "That's not the point," Batman said through his teeth, "What is the point then, Batman?" Lilith asked, "Now's not the time, Lilith." He turned to walkaway, "Why can't you trust me?!" She yelled stomping her foot like a child. He paused and without looking at her said, "I do trust you child," "Oh really then when were you planning on telling me my father was missing?"  Lilith asked, sounding as if she was accusing him of something.

He turned in surprise, "How?" "Ivy," she said plainly, "I planned on tell you," his said his expression hardened, "When?" she asked, "When you were ready," "So not only am I not ready for mission, I'm also not ready to learn that my father is missing." Her voice was calm now to and that worried him, "I'm tracking him down," "For how long?" Lilith asked softly, "Not the time." "It's always not the time with you is it?"Lilith said stomping away, everyone looked as if they wanted to stop her but just let her go.

 Lilith immediately regretted yelling at Batman, but she was more afraid she had ruined her chance at joining the team officially. Her mothers face almost seemed to flicker in the fire, mocking her. Lilith jumped when there was a knock at the door. 

"Lilith, Lilith open up it's me!" Conner yelled banging on the door she could hear it cracking a bit as he did so. She jumped up from the floor and ran to the door opening it before he broke it down. "I just heard, are you alright?" Conner asked, he looked at her with so much concern she wasn't quite sure how to answer. Then to her horror and surprise she started crying, after a second he stepped into the room and pulled her into a hug. She froze in surprise the moment his arms were around her, she almost wanted to push him away but didn't. Only after remembering he was immune to her poisons.

"It's okay," Conner said, Lilith felt better the moment his arms wrapped around her and that just made her feel more guilty. That and the fact that she loved how he smelled like the ocean. How his hand ran over her hair as he tried to calm her down. "I messed up, and not I'll never be a super hero." She said between sobs, her hands balling into fist at his chest. "What are you talking about?" He said pushing her slightly away so he could look at her, his hands on her shoulders and her's still on his chest. "I yelled at Batman, he's grounded me I'm not allowed on missions anymore." She explained, "From what I heard that wasn't going to stop you," he laughed slightly. She pulled her arms around herself and walked back inside, feeling colder now that she was out of his touch. "My father's missing my mothers doing gods know what, and the only other adult I trusted has been lying to me." 

Conner followed her inside, closing the door behind him. "I'm not use to being one to give comfort but I'm sure everything will be okay." He said softly, "Yeah right," Lilith sighed and sat back down on the floor, Conner went to the kitchen and made some tea. He walked over to were she sat near the fire and held it out the mug to her and she kind of just stared at it. "I'm suppose to make upset people something to drink right?" He asked sounding truly user. "You're asking the wrong person Wonder boy," she sighed taking the cup but not drinking it. He held his and sat across from her on the other side of the fire. 

They sat in silence for a bit before he spoke. "So you finally met your mother?" He asked, Lilith looked away from the fire as she saw Ivy's face again. "Yeah," she said looking down at the mug. "I kind of want to ask if it your alright but I think I know the answer." he said, "I'm, I'm not sure." Lilith muttered, "Well from what Robin said you fought pretty well." He said with a half grin, she looked up at him not smiling. "I tried, but until Robin jumped in I was completely out of it." Lilith explained, "Well at least you know that wont happen again," Conner said sounding more confident than she felt. "Yeah because I'm not going to be allowed out again." She sighed, "I'm sure Batman will come around." Conner said, she stood and set the cup on the mantel, "You don't get it Conner, he not going to let me back out there. He barely wanted me out there in the first place." Lilith said,  "Why is he so protective of you?" Conner asked standing as well, Lilith crossed her arms. "Well I guess because he practically family." "Family?" Conner asked raising an eyebrow, "He's my god father," Conner's jaw dropped as he looked at her. "Batman? Is your, godfather?" "Surprise," she said shrugging and slowly giving him a fake smile as she looked up at him.

"Your family just keeps getting weirder, what's next your dad's really the Flash?" He joked, she smiled sadly. "Says the son of Superman," "And Lex Luther," he added she kind of just stared at him he shrugged, she sighed. "Um. No my father isn't that interesting. He's actually an archaeologist and a few other things. He actually started as a literal rocket scientist, and changed fields a few times before settling on archaeology. Goes to different digs all around the world, he'd take me some times. I wasn't allowed to go this last time, it was something different. He said something about consolidating on a government project. I didn't think to much about," Lilith explained.

"How did you not know he was missing?" Conner asked, "He was going too be out of communication range for a while. I wasn't even suppose to hear from him for another month." "Not even a letter?" He asked, "Nope, but I was use to it. He'd sneak a letter out once in a while, and that's all I needed." She shrugged, "Any letters this time?" He asked she shook her head, "Well Batman's on the case I'm sure he'll find him." Conner assured her, "Yeah but where has he been?" Lilith asked, Conner just looked down at her unsure what to say or do. So he pulled her into anouther hug, unsure what else to do. He thought he did the right thing when she seemed to relax into his embrace. "He'll find him, I know it." Conner whispered into Liliths hair.