Chapter 47- Friends Forever?

Lilith jump nearly out of her skin when Tucker tapped her on her shoulder. She had been on her way to school alone.

"Goodmorning," Lilith muttered, Tucker, smiled and opened his mouth but closed it quickly when a boy came running past them. "It's okay," Lilith said, pulling out her phone Tucker got the clue rather quickly and sent her a text.

"Morning," Tucker messaged, after an awkward silence for a few minutes Lilith. "Sleep well?" Lilith blurted, Tucker gave her a 'really?' look as he snickered silently. "Sorry didn't know what to really say," Lilith sighed, "Don't worry it was cute," Tucker messaged and Just as Lilith's face started turning red another student came running by messing around with his friends. Half tripping over Tucker who was knocked into Lilith.

Lilith ended up falling onto the grass which she thought was rather cushy. Tucker gave her an apologetic look and held out his hand.

"Thanks, this is just not my week I guess," Lilith said taking his hand so he could help her up. Once standing she pulled her hand from his and brushed the dirt from her pants. Tucker bit his lip and waited. Lilith paused and pulled her back up on her shoulder before licking her lips and turning to him.

"Tucker?" Lilith asked he stood a little straighter and nodded, Lilith looked down and played with her gloves, twisting the fabric around her thumb. "Do you think we can just pretend the last few days didn't happen?" Lilith muttered, and Tucker put his hand on hers stopping her before she ripped her glove. She glanced up at him from behind her bangs as he pulled his hand away. He smiled and shrugged giving her a slight nod. Lilith's shoulders immediately relaxed.

"I'll take that as you'll try, do you think you can ask Lance for me?" Lilith giggled nervously as they started walking again. "Why can't you ask him?" Tucker messaged, "It's more complicated with him, at least I know for sure you're not a real bad guy or evil." Lilith breathed, "Lance isn't evil," Tucker laughed, "You sure?" Lilith giggled, "I promise his intentions are pure," Tucker said, and Lilith let out a breath she didn't know she was holding in.

"You think I'm not a bad guy?" Tucker messaged, "Of course not, you saved me." Lilith muttered messing with her gloves again. As she looked at him, his smile was so pure it was kind of blinding.

"I couldn't let them hurt you," Tucker messaged his face looking rather determined. Lilith giggled and didn't stop even when Tuckers face started turning red. "What's so funny?" Conner asked, Lilith, became rather stiff as she turned to Conner no longer laughing.

"Tucker-Tucker said something funny, well-messaged something funny." Lilith said quickly, "Really what was it?" Conner asked as he looked at Tucker, but Tucker's eyes were locked on where Conner's hand rested on Lilith's shoulder. Not that Conner noticed.

"I'm not telling you it's a private joke," Lilith sighed, trying not to smirk. "Okay," Conner smiled, Lilith shrugged off his hand and turned back towards the school not looking at Conner. His hand hovered where she had been standing as she turned to watch her walk away.

"Does Lilith seem upset?" Conner asked Tucker, Tucker nodded slightly but followed Lilith into the school.

"Conner?" Meg said, "Yes, Meg?" Conner sighed as he turned to her his face stone cold. "We still need to talk," Meg said softly, "Not now Meg," Conner said, "If not now when then?" Meg asked through her teeth, "Perhaps when I can start believing your words again," Conner muttered turning away from Meg, "I never-I didn't mean to lie to you." Meg said, Conner, didn't say anything as he walked away. Leaving Meg alone in the school garden.

***

"Okay, tell me what's wrong?" Conner asked as he leaned over Lilith's shoulder, in the garden of the school during club.