Chapter 25- Friends and Faimly

Lilith sat cross-legged in the middle of the field, the flowers around her changing size and color, as she breathed in and out.

"Okay now make them close, and open. See you still have your control," Conner said sitting back down across from her. "Conner I understand you're trying to comfort me but being able to make pictures with flowers making them open and close at will isn't my idea of control." Lilith sighed, "I think it's cool," Conner smiled, "I still have most of my control but it's like my powers have been amplified somehow. They are way stronger than before, and I can't contain them as well. Especially when my emotions-" Lilith paused sighing, "I killed a tree without trying, I didn't even know I could do that." She admitted, "When?" Conner asked, "A few days ago, before Father left again. I had spent the week trying to tell him I wanted to rejoin the league and he blows me off." Lilith explained, before admitting "I've been training in secret again, he thinks you and I are just hanging out...not training."
"Are you sure you don't want me to ask him for you?" Conner asked, "How would he respect my decision if it doesn't come from me?" Lilith asked, "You're right," Conner agreed and they sat in silence for a while.
"Want to head back to the cave?" Conner asked, "Ah...not really," Lilith sighed, "Everyone still giving a grief for the poison ivy thing?" Conner asked, standing and holding out his hand to help her up.
"It was my fault I kind of did let it slip. Batman told me how much Robin hates her but he seems to hate even the idea of her blood being mine. Only Artemis and Kid flash are even trying to be nice to me," Lilith said, only somewhat reluctantly taking his hand and standing.
"What about Meg?" Conner asked, "She hasn't said anything but that's because she's basically ignoring me. Hard to explain that I don't have most of my mother's powers, I can't make people bend to my whim like her." Lilith said, "That just means all your friends that you've made so far real friends." Conner said cheerfully, "Only you could see the bright side of this whole ordeal." Lilith laughed as they walked though she didn't really feel it.

"I'm more afraid of what would happen if my powers went out of control at school or something," Lilith muttered, "Well we can keep practicing so that doesn't happen," Conner said, "Thanks Wonderboy," Lilith giggled as they walked into the cave to find most of the team there either getting ready for there next missions or training on the platform.

"Conner, Lilith," Robin said as he walked by them. Meg gave Conner a smile as she walked by not even bothering to look at Lilith. "Lilith want to spar?" Artemis asked, Lilith, looked at Conner who was watching Meg with confusion. "S-sure," Lilith said rubbing her arm and following Artemis back to the training area while Conner walked over to Meg. Lilith tried not to watch them but when they started to argue quietly it was difficult not to. Artemis tripped Lilith sending her flat on her back.

"Hey don't worry about everyone else they'll come around," Artemis said helping Lilith up. "Were they all this upset when they found out about your family?" Lilith asked, "Most of them were understanding, but it did create some distrust." Artemis said, "I always trusted you, babe," Wally said, "Will you stop calling me that," Artemis snapped at him but he just smiled and kept walking, "Babe?" Lilith asked, "We went on one date, it's not like we're dating." Artemis scoffed, "Do you not like him?" Lilith asked as they gave up on the training and headed towards the kitchen.

"It's not that, I mean he's funny. He's cute, but he's just immature." Artemis complained, "So you're both still teenagers a little immaturity is to be expected, right?" Lilith shrugged, "He's just too much, the first date he basically went overboard, carriage ride and everything." Artemis sighed, "So he's a romantic, lots of girls would kill for that." Lilith sighed, trying to shake the idea of Conner taking her on a carriage ride under the stars.
"You know it's hard to reason with you when you do that," Artemis smiled, "Sorry I'm still used to the friend thing. Am I supposed to agree with your irrational fear of being intimate with someone, and not point out that you're just looking for excuses not to date someone you are clearly infatuated with?" Lilith asked, and Artemis stared at her. "I want to say yes, but... I also know you're right, I am just looking for excuses." She sighed picking at her nails nervously.