Chapter 6- Surprise visit

Early the next morning Lilith woke up in the garden behind her house in her green pj's. She stared up at the sky as it slowly turned from gray to blue. She sat up quickly as the events from the day before ran through her head. She smiled thinking about being able to fight at Conner's side, pausing on the thought of him catching her as she fell. Lilith sat up still looking at the sky.

"Do you normally sleep in the garden?" Bruce Wayne asked as he walked through the garden gate. "Uncle Wayne!" Lilith jumped up, he held out his arms as she ran over hugging him. "Good Morning Lilith," he said, she only smiled up at him, "Did you fall asleep in the garden again?" he asked, as he pulled a leaf from her hair. "No, I think I sleep walk." "Well lets hope your not going any further than the garden." Bruce said with a smile. "At least this time I wasn't covered in vines," She says as they walked hand in gloved hand into the small cottage.
"It's not Sunday, whats with the surprise visit?" She asked as he sat down and she went to make some tea. "I hear the Young Justice team had a little help on their last mission." He said, "Oh really?" she said turning away from him to grab the tea bags trying to sound innocent.
"She had some pretty interesting powers... they sounded vaguely familiar, making vines grow out of the ground like magic." He said flatly. "Oh well isn't that interesting," she said still trying to sound innocent, "Lilith," he said in a very intense voice. "Yes?" she said turning to face him a huge fake smile on her face and two cups of tea in her hands. "Would you like to tell me anything?" "No..." she said sounding unsure. "Lilith..." "What?" Lilith muttered, "You should have told me that you were training with Super-boy, and planing on using your powers in public." Bruce said and She looked down since he sounded highly annoyed.

"I know, but I've been wanting to join the Justice League. This could be my chance to make a real difference, my chance to show I'm not my mother." she looked up at him with a puppy dog face. "I know Lilith, but I promised your father that I'd take care of you while he's off on business." Bruce scolded, "And I really do appreciate all you've done, like letting me stay here with my garden." Lilith says still pouting, "You really are the closest thing to a child I have, and I still really want you to stay with me in Gotham." Bruce explains, "I know and go to school with Dic- um sorry... um Robin, but you know how much I love it here. I do love visiting you, but I can't stand being surrounded by so much concrete." She stood to put her cup in the sink as she spoke he smiled and stood as well.

"I know you had good intentions yesterday and did really help, but not everyone will see you as I do." he said putting his cup in the sink and ruffling her already messy hair. "Conner does." she said looking up at him, "Conner?" "Oh-oh um... it's not what you think, I figured it out he didn't tell me or anything. After all without a mask I'm surprised no one else has figured it out." she said quickly, he just nodded leaning on the counter.

"I understand... but you have to know because you've shown you're self, this puts us in a very difficult position." he crossed his arms, "W-what do you mean?" Lilith stammered, "After yesterdays fiasco there has been a lot of talk in the cave, about you." Bruce sighs, "R-really?" she looked very concerned, "I had planned on doing this a different way, but now I'm left with no choice. Lilith are you absolutely sure you want to and are ready to join the team?" he asks standing strait and looking down at her. She looked up at him very serious, "There is nothing I want more than to be a super hero." She said, he sighed. "Then get changed we're going to Gotham." He said, "Gotham? Why Gotham?" She asks, "We're going to get you ready, by the end of the week I should have the arrangements ready for you to join the Young Justice League."
"Really!? What about school?" she asked, "Already taken care of it," he waved, she stood there smiling widely up at him, he smiled down at her. "Thank you!" she said giving him another hug before running into the other room to pack.

He got a phone call and took it outside while she threw some clothing in her bag. She was about to head outside when she looked at her phone, no new messages. She wondered if she should text Conner tell him she wouldn't be at school, but it was barely 5 in the morning. "I'll text him later," she said as she ran outside where Bruce waited. "Alright Alfred tell him I'll talk with him when I get back... Is her room ready?... Good we're on our way..." He hung up the phone and turned to a still smiling Lilith.
***
'Hey you at school yet?' Conner texts Lilith, 'Find me at lunch I want to talk.' 'Lilith are you alright? Are you sick?' 'Why did you miss school?' 'Hey I'm coming over see you in ten.' 'Lilith are you okay?' 'Lilith call me, please.' 'Lilith!'
***
Meg came in the cave soaking wet, it was raining rather hard behind her. She was ringing out her hair when she saw Conner pacing up and down near the Boom tubes. "Conner there you are, why didn't you come get me after practice...Hey is everything okay?" Meg asks, "Oh um sorry I forgot...I'm waiting for Robin he should be here any minute..." Conner says half kindly, "Why do we have a mission?" Meg asked, "No I just need his help," Conner says, "With what?" Meg's asks as she walks towards him, "I can't seem to contact Lilith, she wasn't at school." Conner said, "She's probably just home sick, she is human after all." Meg says with a shrug, "That's what I thought to so I went to her house-" "Y-You went to her-her house?" Meg asked surprised, "Yeah she lives alone while here fathers out of town, I thought she'd might like some help. But she wasn't there."