Chapter 64- Turning the Page

"Down 6 letters, Japanese for teacher or master. Easy, Senpai." Edwin said as he walked scribbling it quickly in the game book.

His over night back digging into his shoulders as he walked. He paused as he reached the door to the house across the street. The door flung open as he said,

"Four letter word for beautiful goddess, Easy. Musa-" Edwin started but sighed when he realized it wasn't Musa in the door.

"She's not here dude she left early," Tucker said his and Musa's bags in his hands.

"Damn, I so looking forward to our walks." Edwin sighed, "Do you have any other personality besides love struck doofus?" Tucker complained, "Ummm, no," Edwin laughed.

"Right forgot you lost all sense of yourself when you started dating my sister." Tucker complained, "Didn't you apologize just the other day for complaining about my obsession with your sister?" Edwin asked, "Yes, but it doesn't mean it's still not annoying." Tucker sighed.

"Tuck, man. It's not that your sister is all I ever talk about," Edwin said, "For three years you legit have had only three topics of interest; my sister, our missions, and puzzles." Tucker said counting them on his hand.

"Hey I have other interests, I was kind of hoping your new interest in Jewel would make make you understand why I talk to your sister more than you. We might be friends dude but we have nothing in common. Sister on the other hand, we like the same everything." Edwin laughed, "True, well... True," Tucker shrugged.

"How's that going by the way, I know you have stiff competition especially after that kiss she had with the Super-brat," Edwin asked, "You heard about that?" Tucker asked looking at him in surprise.

"Well, yeah...Everyone kind of did," Edwin said putting away his book and pulling out his phone. After a quick second he held it out to Tucker who stopped in his tracks, dropping his sisters back as her reached for Edwin's' phone.

There on the front page of wat was the online version of the newspaper was Lilith kissing Conner. In the moment it had happened Tucker had been rather angry, but now that he could see the surprise and confused look in Lilith's eyes he felt better knowing she hadn't kissed back. At least not right away.

"Hero or villain?" Tucker read the title, quickly scrolling down ad Edwin spoke.

"Yeah something about her leaving the hero group and joining us but still protecting the city. At one point it asked if we were actually bad because the hero's had been so focused on fighting villains' that they didn't really save people. Lots of quotes from eye witnesses hearing music and running, apparently a lot more people would have been hurt without you and her." Edwin shrugged as he grabbed Musas' back and they started walking again.

"They're questioning the hero's integrity? 'If he is a hero why was he so focused on Jewel Weed rather than saving the people, is this really how heros' act?' That's harsh-funny, it's funny." Tucker started laughing.

"What's funny?" Lilith asked having appeared from the forest near where the house was. Tucker quickly locked the phone and handed it back to Edwin.

"Nothing really, just a story Edwin was showing me." Tucker said rushing over to Lilith, "Hi," Ewin said waving to Lilith.

"Morning Edwin, Musa's inside making sandwiches for the trip." Lilith said with a smile, "Cooking sounds fun," Edwin said with a stupid grin as he rushed inside. Lilith giggled as she watched him go.

"I wouldn't consider sandwich making cooking but okay," Lilith giggled, Tucker got the same stupid grin as he stood next to Lilith.

"Uh-Good morning Jewel," Tucker said with a smile, "Morning Mayhem," Lilith said with a smile as she knelt down and plucked a few flowers.

"What are you doing?" Tucker asked, "Oh um, we have a few hours so Mama Fey said to make a flower crown or two. To take with us, just incase we end up somewhere there's no plants that way I still have something to work with. Also she wanted a few ingredients for potions." Lilith explained, "I couldn't imagine a world without plants," Tucker said kneeling down and helping her.

"Me neither, in fact a lot of my strength comes from them." She said hugging the bushel tightly and Tucker just stared at her.

"Can you grow plants without the connection?" Tucker asked, "Never really tried but probably not." Lilith said looking away.

"Your powers are more fun than mine," Tucker said as he watched her control the flowers making them braid themselves into an intricate crown.

"I like yours they're useful," Lilith said looking at him as they sat in the grass near a tree.

"Yeah but yours are more versatile, after all look what you can make." Tucker said, "Want something like it?" Lilith asked with a smile, "Um sure," Tucker said, he watched as she smiled putting her crown on her head before touching taking his hand. He was so surprised at her touch he didn't even noticed what she was doing.

"There a bracelet, simple but cute." Lilith said, and Tucker looked at the forget-me-not blue flowers that had grown themselves around his wrist in an almost dainty charm bracelet.

"I almost feel like just moving will break it," Tucker joked, "Well with me around, it kind of can't." Lilith giggled.

"Lilith I think I'm just missing one item could you grow-Morning Tucker," Lance said appearing from the woods. Lilith quickly stood and brushed off the dirt from her pants.

"What item?" Lilith asked, "Um Jewel Weed," Lance said sheepishly, "Really?" Lilith asked moving to look at his list.

"Yeah, we don't really have such a simple plant around her apparently," Lance said and Lilith nodded, "Okay, it's easy enough to grow." She said touching a tree and making a bushel grown around it's roots.

"It's time!" Musa yelled from the front porch. 

Tucker, Lance, and Lilith looked at each other. All seeming to think the same thing, "Are we ready?" Tucker asked giving Lilith a half hearted smirk.

"Yeah," Lance said quickly gathering the weed, before moving to follow Lilith and Lance inside, only taking slight notice of Tuckers new bracelet which he was playing with as he talked to Lilith. Just as they waited for him at the door smiling.

Lance couldn't help but think about the time Edwin had warned him not to let Tucker talk to Lilith. 

'Would she choose me?' He thought to himself as he walked inside. His confidence in the idea of curing Lilith wavering. 

'If she can touch people, she might not choose me,' he realized, as he put the plants in his magic bag. Glancing over at Lilith as she laughed at something Musa had said before turning to Tucker who was handing her stuff to put in her bag. Tuckers dumb smile making Lances heart sink, as Liliths' cheeks flushed red.

'I wont settle for second choice, not again.' Lance told himself as he flung his bag over his shoulder and smiled at Lilith when she looked his way with a soft smile.