Chapter 59 - Dance with me

"-You matter to me, simple and plain and not much to ask from somebody." Lilith softly sang to herself as she sat in the library reading a book Morgana had given her. Her hand wiped away a non-existent hair from her slightly flushed face. 
Tucker stood at the door frozen with a smile on his face. He had meant to march right into the room, but her voice froze him.

Sure she was no Disney Princess, but her voice was still lovely.

"Hey, Ed I know I give you a lot of crap when you say cheezy stuff too, and about my sister," Tucker said softly, and Edwin raised an eyebrow at him.
"I feel an 'and' coming," Edwin said, "And I'm sorry I made fun of you for it, to your face. I get it now, though I still think you go overboard." Tucker nodded not taking his eyes off Lilith.

"Just get in there and cheer her up, before I change my mind and vote that Lance goes in instead," Edwin said shoving Tucker through the doorway. Musa and Lance give him a thumbs up from down the hall.
Tucker stumbled into the room one foot catching on the other sending him crashing into the table Lilith was sitting at.

Lilith looked up in surprise and immediately set her book down to rush over to him.

"Well that could have gone smooth-" Tucker started but paused when Lilith was suddenly touching him.

"Oh gosh, Mayhem are you alright?" Lilith asked, kneeling next to him on the floor, one gloved hand brushing back his red hair to see where he had hit his head on the table when he had fallen.

"Yeah," he breathed, with a goofy smile.

"You need to be more careful, well unless your powers have healing effects like mine," Lilith said looking him over to see if he had any other injuries. Tucker took the moment to note how red her face was, and how warmth seemed to radiate from her almost too much.

"Yeah," Tucker breathed earning a confused look from Lilith, "I mean no, no my powers can't heal me," Tucker said watching as Lilith took his arm. Her gloves finger traced the prominent scar that was still there.
"How-?" Lilith started to ask, "Mission, Lance healed me. He hasn't quite figured out scars yet." Tucker said glancing over her shoulder at the door and seeing the others watching them. Lance's expression was unreadable as he stood there.
"Speaking of Lance. He and I noticed you're down in the dumps and thought you might want to go outside with us and maybe get some ice cream." Tucker said quickly.
"I don't know, I'm not sure if I am up for that," Lilith said and Tucker noticed she did look a little red.
"You'll be safe I promise, Lance's magic is super powerful." Tucker said and Lance smiled, "I don't know, I don't actually feel too good..." Lilith muttered sitting back pulling her hand from his arm and twirling her hair in her fingers as she thought and cleared her throat. 

"What can I-I mean we do to make you feel better?" Tucker asked, Lilith, glanced at the others. They jumped back a bit in surprise. Sure they hadn't been sneaky but they had thought she didn't see them.
Lilith then looked down and back up at him through her bangs. Tucker paused wishing he could take a picture of her like that.
"I'm not sure you guys could do anything, I'm sorry," Lilith said softly.
"Oh, Lilith we can do anything all you have to do is ask," Musa blurted as she ran into the room hugging Lilith.
"She right," Edwin said as he and Lance joined them in the room.
"Well..um music always makes me feel better," Lilith said glancing at them all trying not to linger too long on anyone in particular.
To her surprise, Lance's sudden smile was almost as wide as Tuckers.

"So you have wished it, and so it shall be," Lance said snapping his fingers, uttering a spell. "Em ot emoc dna, Evom."
It made the tables fly to the side and instruments come flying into the room from somewhere in the castle. To Lilith's surprise and delight they weren't just classical interments either, she saw a set of drums and a magically altered electric guitar.
Musa immediately got up and dragged Lillith to her feet as well. Lilith did her best not to wobble as her head swam.
"Oh great we're in for it now," Edwin complained as Tucker brushed back his hair a bit while he talked to Lance in a hushed voice.
"What do you mean?" Lilith asked, "Oh you'll see," Edwin said, "Don't fight the music it's actually a lot of fun, I know I dance better under his spell." Musa said letting go of Lilith's arm to grab something Lance had summoned for them.
It wasn't until she helped Tucker into a leather biker jacket that had no sleeves, that Lilith started to question what she had started. Yet the moment Lance started the music she didn't really care.
"Em rof yalp," Lance uttered, the music she had heard many times starting to play.
"Oh! I like this movie," Lilith whispered, "So do those two," Edwin said before being dragged by Musa to dance behind her brother with her just as Tucker started snapping his fingers to the music.
"You better run, run, run. Cuz here we come revving our engines under the sun. While we're cruisin' for a bruisin'." Tucker sang looking only at Lilith, as he and the others danced Lilith bit her lip to hide a smile as Musa began doing vocals for the girl part.