Chapter Thirty Nine

[n] thanks so much for a friggin 18k reads on this book! you guys are da best, seriously. Im very very sorry for this short chapter, i'll make it up to you guys.

Btw, i'll be doing a FAQ chapter by the end of this book, so if you have any questions, you're free to ask! :)

Chapter Thirty Nine

"My name's Lucinda and I'm taking Aphmau back with me."

The girl with orange hair, who's now known as Lucinda, says with a stern look. Her voice didn't sound like she's kidding around.

Lucinda senses Aaron's hesitation as she notices him tensing up. She sighs and puts her hands down. "Look," She starts, "If you won't give her to me, she'll die." She says with desperation, her emotions starting to get the better of her. "So please, give her to me." She begs as she holds her arm out.

Aaron furrows his eyebrows as he nods, finally having a decision in mind. He looks down at Aphmau and leaves a kiss on her forehead.

"Please don't forget about me," He whispers to her, hoping that he can hear her despite her unconscious state. Without hesitation, Aaron hands Aphmau to Lucinda and that's when he realizes.

He realizes that a huge part of him is being taken away, again. He knows that he'll not be able to live life like he used to be.

"T-Thank you for understanding." Lucinda bows her head towards him, her words are filled with sincerity. Suddenly, Lucinda gently puts her hand on top of Aphmau's forehead and closes her eyes. She's casting a spell, she starts to murmur unfamiliar words as Aphmau's legs slowly turn back to their original state—they turn back into a tail.

Aaron bites his tongue as he's afraid that he'll start regretting, this is for her sake. "Please," Aaron catches Lucinda's attention. "Take care of her." He pleads.

Lucinda nods and shows him a sympathetic smile before she dives back into the sea, carrying Aphmau's petite body with her.

Aaron slowly makes his way back to the shore where everybody's waiting for him. Everyone's worried faces are all he could see. He didn't mutter a word as he hung his face down. He starts to walk towards the forest so that he can go back to his house.

"Aaron," Melissa calls him. "W-What about Aphmau?"

Aaron stops as he clenches his fist, trying his hardest to not break down but without a hitch, he still manages to say it.

"She's gone."

leave a vote, will ya? ;)