Chapter Thirty Five

[n] oof, sorry for not updating , please forgive me. i'm fully aware that i haven't updated in a month and i really apologize for that. things have been so busy lately, i promise to update more frequently.

and holy cow we reached 15k reads!!! thank you so much peeps. I owe you guys so much. I'm so grateful for my readers :)

if you don't remember what's happening then i suggest you read the few last parts of chapter 34.

Chapter Thirty Five

"I promise." Aphmau's words come out unsurely but there's no taking back now.

A scoff was heard. "Can you two please stop being so lovey dovey to each other?" Ein says as he raises an eyebrow, his facial expression clearly annoyed.

Aphmau and Aaron slowly pull away from each other, both of their faces red. Zack rolls his eyes. "Psh, I didn't know you were the one who shows your affection publicly, Mija."

Aphmau glares at him as the blood inside of her starts to boil. "What in the name of Irene do you want?" She says as she takes a single step forward. "Why are you here?!" She couldn't stop herself from raising her voice.

Zack laughs as he pretends to wipe some imaginary tears. "Did you really think we were gonna leave you scums alone?" He grins widely. "I want my revenge, Mija." He spats.

Aphmau's eyebrows furrow as her face twists in disgust. "This was why mom left you.." She says as she means every single word.

Zack's eyes ignite with anger at her statement. "Why you.." He starts to take  large steps towards Aphmau until a hand pushes him back.

"Stay away from her." Aaron hisses as he moves in front of Aphmau, blocking her from his view.

Zack growls as he starts to swing a punch at Aaron. Aaron's senses kicks in and he blocks the punch with the palm of his hand. He starts to crack Zack's knuckles with his own hand.

"Gah!" Zack suddenly protests in pain, Aaron does not let go and forces Zack to look at him right in the eye. "Let go of my sister.." He says as he starts to wrap his other hand around Zack's neck. "..or I will kill you."

Just then..

Melissa punches Ein's guts with her elbow. Ein grunts and accidentally drops the gun he's holding, he subconsciously lets Melissa go. She immediately grabs the gun from the ground.

"Why you little b*tch..." Ein says as his face shows rage and anger being mixed together. Melissa chuckles and smirks at him. "Look who's talking."

Aaron couldn't help but let out a breath of relief, she's okay. He wasn't paying attention to Zack that much and the next thing he knows, Zack kicks Aaron's legs which causes him to lose balance and land face first on the floor.

Zack immediately grabs his gun from his back pocket and aims this at Aaron.

"Don't you dare, old man." Melissa growls from behind him, gun aiming directly on his back.

Zack turns his head around and looks at her. "Put the gun down and i'll not shoot him." He states which earns him a glare from her. "I said put the freaking gun down and i'll not shoot him!"

Melissa lets go of the gun and puts her hands up in the air, Zack slowly backs away, gun still in hand, and he's now standing next to Ein.

Melissa goes near Aaron, and so does a worried Aphmau and they both help him stand up.

"You okay?" Melissa manages to ask. Aaron nods and focuses on their two enemies in front of them.

"You know what?" Ein starts to say as  he slowly gets up and glares at them. "Just give us Aphmau and we'll leave." He finally says, earning him a nod from Zack. "That's all you need to do."

Aphmau's heart skips a beat as she grows nervous, now she feels like all of this is happening because it was her fault, and she can't help but have the thought of maybe giving herself to them so that all of this madness can stop but—

"Like hell I would." Aaron snarls under his breath. "Do you really think I wo—"

*bang*

Zack fires his gun straight at Aaron, the bullet only piercing its way through Aaron's left shoulder.

Aaron curses under his breath as the pain starts to become unbearable.

"Aaron!" Aphmau chokes out as he starts to bleed. Aaron turns to look at her and gives her a smile. "It's okay, Aph." He says reassuringly.

He turns to face Zack again and this time, it's as if the flame inside of him starts to grow bigger and bigger, his eyes start to glow red again as his breathing starts to become heavier, he then closes his eyes amd calms his mind...it's as if he's calling for help. As crazy as it sounds, it's as if he's calling out for help..telepathically.

"What the hell are you closing your eyes for?!" Ein yells as he starts to grow impatient. "Are you gonna give her to us or not?"

And suddenly, something starts to enter the hospital, as unbelievable as it sounds, nobody even knows on how they managed to make their way there in the firstplace, in a hospital of all places. Aphmau's eyes widen as she realizes that she's familiar with these creatures..

..Wolves.

Leave a vote, will ya? ;)