Chapter Twenty Three

"Damn it, my feet are killing me!" Zane, the guy who always wears a mask, complains as he tries to catch up with the others.

They never expected that trying to catch with Aphmau is actually hard.

"Stop complaining and just run! We're losing her!" Katelyn says as she keeps her focus in front of her.

"Well, she's fast for a potato." Travis comments as he continues his running, eyes forward and breathing getting heavier.

"Tehehe! This is so fun!!!~" Kawaii~Chan squeals as a smile take over her face, her pastel-colored hair flows beautifully with the wind. 

Just then, Aphmau's figure slowly disappears as she goes down a slope—a hill to be exact. Katelyn curses under her breath for the possibility of them losing her.

The group forces themselves to run faster and they've finally made their way to the top of the hill. Their eyes widen at the scene in front of them.

They see Aaron... His facial expression clearly states that he's speaking angrily at the guy in front of him—brown hair, brown eyes, and slightly darker skin. Katelyn can't help but have the feeling of something bad is going to happen.

"What in the name of Irene is happening?" Zane says as he studies the scene in front of him. Aphmau is still running towards them—Aaron and the man— but they don't seem to notice her presence.

"Kawaii~Chan feels like something bad is going to happen..." Kawaii~Chan frowns as she puts both her hands on her chest.

"Me too," Travis adds up as he looks in front of him. They are right. Something truly bad is going to happen but what?

Just then, Zack pulls out a gun from behind. Katelyn's eyes widen as he notices that he's preparing it himself—his gun.

"Damn it," Katelyn runs towards the scene as she hopes that she can stop what the man is doing.

"K-Katelyn! Wait!" The group runs with her. It's a long distance, so far, Aphmau is still running towards them considering that they're really far away in the first place.

Aphmau's heartbeat increases as she notices the man grabbing a gun behind his back. She runs faster, hoping for the possibility that nothing bad is going to happen.

Just then, the man aims his gun towards Aaron. Aphmau's face goes pale for a second, she's about to yell for them to stop until...

*BOOM*

The man pulls the trigger and the bullet pierces its way towards Aaron's stomach.

Katelyn stops. Her eyes widen at the scene she just witnessed. She wants to do something, she really does, but it seems like her body is stuck to the ground. She's too shocked about the scene that just happened before her.

"No! Aaron!" Aphmau's voice fills the open air as she goes near him. Tears start to blur her vision as her emotions get the better of her. She kneels near him and gently puts his head on her lap.

"Aaron!" Travis then goes near them, so does the rest of the group. Aphmau is confused on why they're here, she desperately wants to ask them on how they got here but that isn't important for her right now.

Aaron looks up and sees her. He smiles, he feels his face getting wet because of her tears. 'Don't cry..' He wants to say to her but he didn't find the strength. He's too weak. He's lost too much blood.

"Aaron~Kun, stay strong." Kawaii~Chan says as worry takes over her face. She trembles in fear and worry.

Aphmau doesn't realize that the man with the gun is still standing in front of the hut she doesn't pay him attention but then...

"A-Aphmau?" The man says as the gun slips his grasp. The gun hits the hard ground with a thud.

Aphmau halts when he said her name. His voice...it's familiar. It's like she has heard that voice before but she couldn't quite remember...

Aphmau slowly raises her gaze and looks at the man in front of her. Her eyes widen as her heart beats rapidly than before.

He still has the same brown eyes when she first met him but his hair grew slightly longer. She remembers him. Of course, she remembers him.

"F-Father?"

•••
Dun dun dun dun. Lol. *insert sound effects*

I hope you guys liked this chapter, and I hope you leave a VOTE🌟, it really motivates me to write more and...

HOLY COW OF THE UNIVERSE WE JUST REACHED 8k!!!! *screams*, I totally freaked out when I noticed this and my mom was staring at me as if I was an alien but oh whale!🐳

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR 8K, GUYSS! I really appreciate it. ❤️

Yours Truly,
Nicole

•••