Chapter Thirty

Edited: 4/26/18

[n] Heyaaaa guysss!
I know I always keep on saying this but thank you so much for all the support you've given me lately, all the flood votes are really appreciated!

*cries in joy*

we're almost reaching 12k too :0, wut, tbh i didn't expect this book to reach this far... holy macaroni and cheese.

anyways, leave a star if you want more! thank chu fam.

Chapter Thirty

"I'm a mermaid." These words slip out Aphmau's mouth like butter, she takes a second to take a deep breath before looking at Travis, Katelyn, Kawaii~Chan, and Zane's expression in front of her, nervous at how they're going to be reacting.

But the thing is, they aren't reacting at all, all of them has bewildered looks plastered on their faces, their mouth starting to part away from pure shock. Aphmau starts to cringe at their reaction before Travis breaks the silence with his laugh.

"Hahahah!" He lets his laugh fill the open air as he lets his hand grasp his now aching stomach from all the laughing he's been doing. "Nice. Joke. Aph!" He says in between breaths but soon stops as he notices both Aphmau and Aaron looking at him with serious faces.

Travis furrows his eyebrows. "Wait, so you really weren't joking?" He questions her as he straightens himself up, attempting to actually take the situation he's in seriously.

Aphmau sighs and looks down, she is sitting on her infirmary bed which didn't really gave her the freedom to walk around, she starts to fiddle with her fingers. "No. I'm not joking."

Travis' eyes widen at her words. So she really wasn't kidding? He takes a look beside him to look at his other friends and realizes that they all also have the look of pure shock on their faces.

"Aph, if what you're saying is true, then what are you doing here on the surface? Why not underwater? Most importantly, why do you have legs instead of...a tail?" Katelyn bombards her with her questions, her mind's still trying to register what Aphmau has just said to her a while ago.

Aphmau takes a deep breath and takes a look beside her, she takes a glimpse of the man she loves so damn much and right then and there, she knows that Aaron trusts these people in front of her with all of his heart, and now, she knows that she can trust them with all of her heart too.

Aphmau's amber eyes look forward and she blinks. In a few seconds, she didn't take too long to tell them her story. From the time when she was still in her kingdom, Phoenix Drop, to the time on how she managed to be here on the surface and how she was able to meet Aaron once again.

"Holy Irene," Travis exhales as he pulls his hair out of disbelief, his eyes wide, and his cheeks puffed out. "I can't believe this is happening! Oh my irene! You're a mermaid! A freaking mermaid!" He exclaims as he throws his arms up in the air.

"Quiet down or someone will hear you." Aaron says in his attempt to speak in a hushed tone. Travis' eyes widen and he quickly puts one of his hand over his mouth, he pretends to zipper his mouth which earns a chuckle from Aphmau.

"Thank you." She smiles at him.

"EeeeEeeeekkk! Aphmau~Senpai's a mermaid! So kawaii!" Kawaii~Chan whisper-yells as she goes all jumpy.

Aphmau laughs at her, Kawaii~Chan is the very definition of cuteness in her dictionary, and she couldn't ask for any more than the friendly and understanding meif'wa that's currently squealing in front of her.

"Ar—" Aphmau firmly shuts her eyes as she feels the pain again. She feels as if her legs are being torn away from her body, but she tries her best not to scream or yell.

"Aph!" Aaron puts one of his hand on her back to support her and his other hand takes a good grip on her hand. "Travis, go call a doctor!" She hears him say.

"N-No! Please, d-don't." She says as tears start to blur her vision. "I don't want to disturb them," She starts, the pain starting to falter away. "My case is not related to anything medically, it's just a waste of time for them to check on me." She finally finishes as she pants, letting the air fill her lungs, the pain all gone.

"Does it not hurt anymore?" He asks as he gives her hand a reassuring squeeze. Aphmau looks at him with a gentle smile, she shakes her head.

Suddenly, they can hear screams and yells coming from downstairs. Their hearts beat rapidly at what they just heard.

"What the—"

Just then, the door suddenly opens and a nurse comes in, her hair is all over the place and she's panting. A thin layer of sweat is visible on her face and she is trying her best to catch her breath.

"A-Aaron Lycan?" She asks in between breaths, she looks at every single one of us, expecting for an answer.

"That's me." Aaron releases his grip on Aphmau and takes a step forward. "What is it?"

The nurse turns her head to look at him. "Two men are making a scene downstairs, they are armed and they seemed to have a woman as hostage, when they walked in, they already had the woman in their hands so it's impossible it might be one of our patients, they said that they wanted to speak to you or else they'll kill the person who they're holding captive." She finally tells him as her heart beats abnormally fast at what might happen in the future.

Aaron furrows his eyebrows and looks at the nurse in front of him.

"Did they tell you what they wanted from me?"

"No, but they did mention their names." The nurse says as she tries to recall what had happened earlier. "I think they said their names are..."

"...Zack and Ein."