not enough (leanya AU)

Last February 26, I asked for ficlet prompts on Twitter. In fairness, I got many interesting prompts at nag-enjoy akong magbrainstorm haha. I've written a handful already so expect me to post new stuff every now and then.

For this ficlet...hmm. Kahapon (March 21) ko lang isinulat 'to.  Maraming salamat sa prompt, @homliebe! Ang aga kong sinaktan ang sarili ko kahapon hahahaha.

Sagarin na natin ang angst ng Leanya, mga sis hahahaha

Again, hindi ito nangyari sa TSIB/mangyayari sa TMEUAS. Alternate universe lang, mga bes. Kalma tayo bago masaktan charot

*

Title: not enough
Prompt : Rebound nila ang isa't isa tapos aware sila; 
Pairing: Lean Abarquez / Anya Casabueno (TSIB/TMEUAS)
Setting: alternate universe

**

"I...I think you'll always love her, Lee. I understand that. I know that...but I don't think I can handle it.:

A tear trailed down Anya's flushed cheeks after all the hurtful words they swung back and forth between them, each more violent that the other, each proving why this had been a mistake from the start.

Things have calmed down, both of them retreated to one side of the room, staring at each other with all the words they said, couldn't say, will never say.

"And him?" he asked, shrugging, hands at his hips while his heart was on its verge of exploding around all the truth spoken tonight.

They both anticipated this would happen.

They were both people who just got out of long term relationships, both still in love with someone else when they started this, both knew what they were getting into but some time over the past few months they started ignoring those warning signs and tried to be happy with each other.

Of course, they both knew life would eventually smack them with this impossibility of being together for real.

"I'm sorry, Lee," Anya whispered with a slight shake of her head. "I love you. You know that. But—"

Yes, Lee loves her, too. But it wasn't enough.

It would never be enough.