XLV

Mania's

I'd never been afraid of death. He was a good guy, real funny when you got to know him. But I was never afraid because I knew I had no one that would really care about my death and because I knew I wasn't leaving anyone important enough for me to cry over.

I knew death would look me in the face in 4 days. I would spend them down on this cell thinking of everything I could have done to prevent this. I was only angry about dying because I knew I wouldn't see Rebekah. I haven't seen her since a couple days ago and then six months before that but, this would be forever.

"I'm going to get food, want anything?" I saw Stefan looking at me through my cell. I glanced at him.

"Sure, Just bring me whatever, I don't care." I said and looked down at my fingers. I had been quite depressed after seeing her her.

"Do you want to come with?" He asked. I looked up at him a little surprised.

"Um, sure. I guess it won't hurt to leave for a few hours." I said to him. He smiled and unlocked my door. I got up and followed him out.

-----

Rebekah's Pov

"How could you not tell me why actually happened Klaus? If you'd explained to me-"

"Rebekah you were hysterical. You wouldn't let me get a word in for anything. You kept telling me, no begging me that I wouldn't let her in to see you. So you can see why I didn't tell you." Klaus told me. He and I had been going back and forth for hours. He finally shook his head and started to walk away.

"Don't walk away from me Nik!" I yelled. He turned around glaring a bit.

"You want to know why she left so bad, go find her! She's probably in fucking Switzerland or something! Quit yelling at me because I'm not the one you forced away." He yelled back and left. I stood in my living room alone. Should I go find her and at least talk? I looked down at my rings and twisted them up right.

I hadn't taken them off. I didn't want to. The only thing that stopped me from going to find her was if she would actually hurt me.

I've seen what her anger can do. She blinded Eos and Phobetor with her hands. Her hands! What if she were to do that to me if I had made her angry enough?

I sighed not knowing what to do. Maybe I'll just go by her house and see how I feel before jumping into action and sprinting to Switzerland. Yeah, that's what I'll do.

----
Mania's Pov

Stefan and I were heading back with the food when I passed the street to my house. I stopped for a second, which in turn stopped Stefan.

"What's wrong?" he asked me. I shrugged.

"It's just that my house is down here. Could we go take one last look at it?" I asked him. He thought for a second but ultimately nodded. I smiled and we quickly walked down to my house.

We went inside and I was hit with memories. Man, I didn't realize how much I would miss this place. Stefan set the food on the table and gave me mine. I took it and sat on my couch. I loved this couch.

"So what do you think after death will be like?" I asked him. He shrugged.

"For a god? I'm not sure. Maybe it's the same as the other side or something." He said looking around my house. I ate some of my food before both our heads turned at the sound of someone walking up to the front of my house. Who the hell could be coming here? His head turned back to me eyes wide.

"It's Rebekah!" He whisper-yelled. My eyes widened and I quickly got up and went to hide. Why the fuck aren't there any hiding places in my house?! I heard the door turn open and I found a small storage closet.