XXXVII

Mania's Pov

We entered Rebekah's house. After a week of solitude together we had to come back. I needed to know who the hell was messing with us. As we entered I set down our bags. Everyone sped into the room happily.

"You're back!" Klaus exclaimed. Rebekah rolled her eyes and I chuckled at his childishness.

"Mania and I should still be in Switzerland." She said. Rebekah was still a little grumpy we had to leave sooner than planned. But I only did it so I could protect her from whoever was here.

"It's not my fault whoever is threatening you chose now." Klaus sassed her. I let them argue as I brought Rebekah's bags up to her room. I put her suit case on the bed and turned and saw the mirror. The writing was in bold red lipstick. I didn't recognize the handwriting.

Was there something Rebekah wanted that I couldn't give her? That hurt to think about. I wasn't doing my job if I couldn't give her the world. I tried to think. I didn't even hear her footsteps. She came up and saw the note.

"What do you think this means?" She asked me. She crossed her arms and stared at the writing.

"Rebekah, is there something I can't give you?" She turned to me confused.

"What do you mean? I have everything I want." She said. A small part of me doubted this. If that was true then why was this note here?

"Please don't lie to me darling. I'll give you anything. Anything you want." I told her. I had somewhat of a nervous face.

"Baby, all I want, and all I need is you. Don't worry. Whoever this person is obviously doesn't have their thoughts right. I only need you." She said. She bent down and kissed my head. I nodded. But that wasn't the question. I thought to myself. I know she has what she needs. But what does she want? What is something she'd want so badly I couldn't give her? Why was she lying about it? I got up and went downstairs.

"Mania?" I heard her voice from upstairs. I left her house quickly and teleported away.

-----

I went to my house. I needed to find this person. I went into my room and saw large red writing on a mirror I had on the wall.

Who knew your 'true love' would lie about her most precious desires? I did. Forever a failure, to your family and your 'wife'

I stared at the message angrily. I punched the mirror and the entire thing shattered.

"I know you're listening you son of a bitch! Show yourself!" I yelled out. I looked around to see if anyone would appear. Nothing happened. I rubbed my head and went to the bathroom to clean my fist. What do I do now? I thought to myself. I couldn't go to the Mikaelson's or Rebekah. Maybe Matt could help.

----

I walked into the grill and looked around. No Mikaelson's, that was good. I saw Matt at the bar and I went up to it. I sat down and he came over to me smiling.

"Well hello newly wed." He said and handed me a drink. I smiled at him and chuckled a bit.

"Hey Matt, how are you and Achelois?" I asked him. He smiled and shrugged.

"It's nothing official, but she definitely comes around a lot. We have lots of sex." He said. I laughed and shook my head.

"That sounds like her. I need to talk to you about something." I got serious and so did he. I honestly didn't really know how to present it. So I might as well just say it.

"Someone is messing with me. While I was gone with Rebekah someone left a note on her mirror. Klaus sent me A picture and it said that I will never be able to give her what she truly wants. I asked her about it and she told me that she didn't need anything. But she said it like, like she was hiding something. They way she said it didn't answer my question. Of course she has everything she needs but it may not be what she wants. She wouldn't tell me." I stopped. I drank a little bit of my drink and continued.

"So I left. I was a little angry but I didn't tell her that. So I got home and there was another note for me. It said they knew she was lying and that I'd always be a failure. To my family and to her. What do I do Matt? What if there is something I can't give her? I want to give her the world." I told him. It made me a little emotional. I hated not being able to give Rebekah what she wanted. Was it something that was impossible for me to give?

"Maybe you're overthinking it Mania. Maybe she's telling the truth. I know how it feels not to be able to give the one you love everything. She'll understand your feelings. And this person whose tormenting you can stick his nose in someone else's business." Matt reassured me. It was what I needed. Maybe he was right, maybe I was thing to far into it.

"I'll call her now. You're right, I'm just overthinking it." I pulled out my phone only to realize it was dead. Well fuck, that wasn't reassuring.

"I'll talk to her when I get back, my phone's dead. Anyway, how have things been around here? No one else, mainly the Salvatore's, are trying to kill us right?" I asked. He chuckled and shook his head.

"Nope no one trying to kill anyone. It's been surprisingly quiet." He said. I nodded.

"That means something's bound to happen." I told him. Matt and I chatted for a few more hours catching up and I told him about the honeymoon. Not every detail but enough for him to be a little grossed out. It was 8:30 now and I decided I should get back at talk to Rebekah.

I teleported there and opened the door walking in. It wasn't a second after I shut the door I heard yelling.

"Where the hell have you been?!" I stopped in my tracks and saw an angry Bekah stomp down the stairs. What the hell was wrong with her. I looked in the living room and saw Klaus shrink in his seat. Elijah glanced over at us and then returned to his book.

"Excuse me?" I asked her.

"You've been gone for hours! Hours! No calls, you left the house out of the blue, and your mirror at home is smashed. Where were you?" She interrogated me. I had never seen her so angry at me. I'd seen her angry just not at me like this.

"I was cooling off, I didn't want to be in a bad mood around you so I left. I went home for a few took my anger out on a mirror and then I went to the grill for a couple hours. Is there anything else you'd like to know your Majesty?" I asked sarcastically. Her eyes widened at my attitude. If she was gonna yell and point fingers I will to.

"You should have told me where you were." She said, I could tell she was trying not to yell.

"Is this gonna become a regular thing? Every time I go somewhere and not tell you about it I get an interrogation? That's not gonna work with me." I told her putting my hands on my hips. She scoffed and rolled her eyes.

"Well who knows what you might do. You might go sleep with some girl like you usually do." She said. That struck a nerve. My face fell.

"What the hell Bekah?" I heard Klaus's voice. Even he knew that was a very low blow. She glanced at him still angry.

"I have been nothing but loyal to you. You have no right to use that against me. Who I was back then is not who I am now." I told her. I was on the verge of crying. I really couldn't believe she accused me of being a whore.

"Oh please, remember Rachel?" She said. My eyes widened.

"Rachel? The human who I went after you told me you were straight? The one who kicked me out of her house because I said your name and not hers?!" I started to yell. I shook my head and turned to leave. I walked towards the door and she grabbed my arm and turned me around.

"Don't walk away from me Mania." She said. I ripped my arm away from her.

"No, I'm obviously not going to win with you. I'm not going to stay here and have you yell at me because I needed help on something." I told her. She looked at me a little confused.

"Why didn't you come to me?" She asked softer. I rolled my eyes.

"Because you are the one who is lying to me! You won't tell me what you want. I'm not an idiot Rebekah! I know there is something you aren't telling me. I guess whoever keeps sending these notes is right." I told her. I opened the door and got ready to leave.

"I'll always be a failure, to my family and my wife."