XXXIV

Mania's Pov

We were teleported back to Rebekah's house. Achelois was there and the rest of Rebekah's family looked anxious just sitting around. That is, until we popped into the middle of the living room.

Achelois immediately pulled me into a hug and Elijah and Klaus hugged Rebekah.

"I thought the Judge had changed his mind for a second. No one ever goes to see him back there, ever." She told me. I nodded and we let go of each other.

"Rebekah has been worried sick about you." Klaus said. I looked at her and her arms were crossed and looking at something else. I sighed.

"I can tell." I said sarcastically. She gave me a slight glare. What the hell is going on with her?

"I need to get home and change I've been in this dress for almost a week and I haven't been able to shower. So, I'll see you guys later." I told them. Achelois followed me out and we teleported to my place. Once we got inside I immediately went to my room.

"What's going on with Rebekah? She's seems really pissed off at you." Achelois asked. I shrugged.

"I have no idea. She won't even look at me. I've been gone for days so I couldn't have done anything to make her mad." I told her. After the slight conversation I took a shower. It was very relaxing. I saw dirt come off in places I didn't know dirt could be.

When I got out I threw on a pair of sweats. I felt so refreshed. When I went out into the living room I saw something I never thought I'd see.

"What the fuck?!" I yelled. They broke apart. In front of me was Achelois and Matt, making out. I just looked between the two confused and a little grossed out because... heterosexuality.

"What... When... How!?" I asked them. They looked embarrassed.

"I thought you were with Ares! I thought you kinda had a thing for that blonde chick Elena likes!" I yelled at the both of them.

"Ares was a fling. Like everyone else I've been with." Achelois said. Matt gave her a look.

"Except you of course." She said and kissed his cheek. I almost gagged.

"If you're talking about Caroline then no, I don't like her. That happened long before you got here and I will never go back." He said. I nodded. But I still couldn't wrap my head around the fact that my two best friends were just kissing.

"So, is this like, a new thing? You two doing that all the time? When did this even happen?" I asked them.

"I came over after you were taken at the wedding and she was here freaking out and I just sat with her until she calmed down. We talked a little bit and then-"

"We had sex." Achelois said. My jaw dropped.

"You went from freaking out, to talking, to having sex. Wow, I'm literally speechless." I said. They kinda just sat there looking at each other.

"Well, I hope you guys make each other happy. I am going to sleep because I haven't slept in my own bed in days. My wife, or fiancé, I don't even know if we are married, is pissed off at me for some unknown reason. Goodnight." I told them and left the living room to go back to my own.

----

I sat at the grill talking to Matt. Rebekah still hadn't even tried talking to me and I was getting annoyed and a little scared.

"I'm sure she wouldn't ignore you for no reason. Are you sure you haven't done anything?" Matt asked me again. I rolled my eyes and sighed.

"Yes Matt. The only thing I can think of is me not telling her about the trial. Honestly I'm freaking out. I don't know what to do." I told him. He gave me a sad smile and thought.

"Go to her, right now. Even if she doesn't want to talk to you. Tell her how you feel and ask. If she still doesn't tell you then come back here and I will give you lots of shots." He said. I rolled my eyes at his offer and sighed. What else do I have to lose. I got off the stool and thanked Matt for the bad advice I was about to take anyway.

I sped over to the Mikaelson's and knocked on the door. When it opened Klaus was there.

"You know since you're practically married to my sister you don't have to knock." He said. I shrugged and he let me in.

"Speaking of Rebekah, is she here?" I asked him. He nodded and pointed up to her room. I nodded at him and went up there. Her door was closed and I went up to it quietly and knocked.

"Come in." I heard her sweet voice say. I opened the door and she looked over and saw me. Her lips went to a thin line and she went back to what she was doing. It hurt me a bit.

"Baby, what did I do?" I asked her. I shut the door behind me and I sat on the bed. She was at her desk writing something.

"The fact that you have to ask shows me that you don't care at all." She replied. My eyes widened.

"Of course I care. I wouldn't be asking if I didn't. I'm worried, did I hurt you? I'm so sorry if anything I did hurt you." I said to her. Maybe she'd just accept this apology and we could move on. She turned her swivel chair around and faced me. I could tell she was angry, but also sad.

"No you don't Mania. You chose to die instead of fighting for us." She said. My eyes widened. What was she talking about?

"What do you mean I chose death? I never-"

"I was there Mania! At the trial you weren't even going to try to fight the charges against you. You chose to let them win and leave me here alone." She said. I saw her get a little teary eyed. My mouth opened a little bit. I was kind of speechless.

"Rebekah, I didn't chose that to leave you. When I said that, in my mind I prayed you'd forgive me for letting them win. I chose that because if you'd known what I've done, you wouldn't have even tried to defend me.With all those gods against me I would've died by the Judge or by murder. I'm sorry I didn't realize you thought that I was doing that to hurt you." I told her. She just looked at the ground and wiped her tear away. I felt awful. I didn't realize.

"I don't care about what you've done Mania. You before I met you doesn't matter to me. I'm in love with you, here and now, what you've done won't change that. I heard you say that and it was like you'd given up, on us, on life, everything." She said to me. I tucked a piece of my hair behind my ears and looked away from her.

"I'm sorry Rebekah." I said. She finally looked up at me.

"I never want to hear you sound like that again, like you've given up." She said. I nodded, letting her know I wouldn't.

"Do you forgive me?" I asked her. She got out of her chair and stood in front of me. I felt her hands hold my face. I looked up at her as her soft hands held my cheeks.

"Of course I do. I love you to much to stay mad at you." She said. I felt her lean down and kiss me. I kissed her back and let my hands hold her wrists. When she pulled away she put her forehead onto mine.

"I'm so glad you're back." She whispered. I smiled and closed my eyes.

"Me too."