XXXIII

Mania's Pov

A few days later

My trial would be short and sweet. A girl with a violent record and two very manipulative goddesses against me almost signed my death certificate.

I was still in my wedding dress. It was dirty and it had tear stains on it. I didn't cry because I was afraid of dying. I was crying because I knew I would loose Rebekah. I couldn't fucking handle it. At the same time I was happy she wouldn't witness my death.

"Trial 41836 Mania, Goddess of Death, Madness, and insanity." I heard my trial number and name be called. I stood up and the guards opened the door with the same pair of cuffs. I didn't want to die in hand cuffs.

"I'm cooperating, I don't need hand cuffs." I told him. He nodded and stepped aside so I could walk out my cell. They surrounded me and led me to a different part of the building. The trial room. Most people here didn't leave it alive. Neither would I.

I went to the large circle in the middle of the room and kneeled down, chains shot from it going around my feet, hands, and neck. I took one long last look at my wedding ring. I hoped Rebekah would forgive me.

People soon started to pile in and I just sat there waiting. My head was in my hands and I started to here people talking. There was a staticky sound. Much like when I was trapped in Eos's room.

"Man.... Mania.... can you.... hear.. me?" I heard Achelois say. I pushed the signal through and heard it clearly.

"Yes I can hear you." I whispered. I didn't want the guards to hear me. I looked around for Achelois. I couldn't find her amongst the crowd.

"I'm here in the trial room near the end of the hall. I have Rebekah here." She said. My eyes widened as I turned and saw them sitting in the back. No, I couldn't let her see me like this. Rebekah looked devastated. My face changed to a broken one when I saw her.

"Why would you bring her here? You know I'm going to die Achelois." I told her. I saw Rebekah shake her head. As if to say I wasn't going to die.

"She insisted, I wasn't going to say no. Plus we have a plan for you. Don't worry." She said. I looked at them confused. I was mainly focused on Rebekah. She mouthed the words I love you to me. I said them back. She smiled and I heard the room become silent.

I turned back and saw the Judge sitting in front of me in a tall desk. It was neither a He or she. It was just a figure in black robes, a black hood hiding its face. The hands of the judge were wrinkly, but not human like.

"State your name and case number." The Judge said.

"Trial 41836, Mania, Goddess of Madness, Death, and Insanity." I said aloud so the Judge could hear me.

"Crimes?" They asked. I saw Eos being brought in by Aphrodite. Eos looked rough. He eye sockets we black. Like her eyes had been taken. They may as well have been thanks to me.

"Torture and blinding of the titaness Eos and theft of Aphrodite's fountain of healing." The one person defending the two women said. On Earth they were called lawyers. I had no one defending me.

"Proof of crimes?" The Judge asked. Eos went forward.

"What proof do you need? Look at me! My eyes are gone! I was stuck in my home on a never ending cycle of a nightmare. Mania took everything from me." Eos shouted. The cloak of the Judge turned to her and watched her. Aphrodite acted sympathetically. To her outburst.

"Mania came to my fountain to use the water. She threatened me and when I refused, she pulled her sword out on me. I thought she was going to kill me." Aphrodite said. That was a complete lie. I never tried to kill her. I shook it off though. I had no defense against her. They were both going to get away with it.