talking to someone with social anxiety

so that's a shitty title for this rant that i'm gonna go on that's not actually a rant but kinda is

so one time i was at school and i don't talk to a lot of people bc i have v bad social anxiety. i'll talk to some people but most of the time i just go on my phone and listen to music during lunch and free periods and stuff. but this guy ((lets call him asshole)) comes over to me and starts insulting me bc i wasn't being "social enough"

like asshole was saying that i was a freak and that was why no one liked me. and i literally just looked him in the eye and said "fuck off dude. no one likes you" bc it's actually true. no one really likes him he's fucking annoying.

but all throughout the school year he's constantly making fun of me.

then there's this other guy ((lets call him bob bc why not)) who talks to me a lot and he's v sweet and nice and i consider him one of my good friends. 

well i was at a party last night and i wasn't really talking to anyone but then the asshole from the beginning of the story came up to me and was making fun of me again but then bob came over and made asshole go away.

then i kinda broke down and started telling bob about my social anxiety and he kinda just sat there and listened to me and was being super nice to me.

and idk about you guys but my social anxiety makes me a super super insecure person so then bob started talking about how i was an amazing person and that i didn't need to listen to asshole or any other assholes. and he was trying to teach me how to make friends ((and he failed but its the thought that counts)) and i just love him. ((as a friend)) ((but i think i like him as more than that oh))

so this story was long and you probably didn't care about my social life but the point is that when someone has social anxiety don't mention the fact that they are being anti social. don't make fun of it even if you're joking. that just makes the person v insecure and makes them feel shitty.

you need to be nice and make the person feel comfortable and make them laugh. you need to make them feel like they aren't a shitty person ((although that may be hard))

so yea. i really don't know what the point of this was. whatevs.