ABBI IS ANNOYED

hELLO so today my rant will be about sexism at school !!!!!!!!!!!!!! (many exclamation marks bc v pissed and v important)

so I decided to wear a skirt to school today and within the first hour of being there, I got pulled aside ((instead of being able to go out to the fire drill which was happening)) and told that my skirt was "unacceptable and far too short" and should "not be worn again at school"

OKAY HOLD UP

my skirt was an inch, two at most above my knee. it is a relatively tight one which will not blow up and show anything which is deemed as 'inappropriate' if the wind blew, and it was longer than my fingertips. it wasn't short, basically.

but that wasn't what pissed me off.

it was the fact that the only reason why girls have to wear knee-length skirts to school is so male TEACHERS (yes!! middle aged men!!) and students are not ""distracted"" or made "uncomfortable".

F U C K OFF

instead of teaching girls that they should wear long clothing as to not distract the middle aged men who are supposed to have a duty of care over them, teach the fucking men to not stare at teenage girls' bodies!!!! how about that!!

and please inform me on what I'm wearing affects my education in anyway??? I'd gladly listen.

also if you're made uncomfortable by seeing a pair of legs then I don't even know what to say to you

like
oh dear god, nobody can know that I, a human being, have legs

I just
i'm so done with school

- abbi