i hate my government

So, I live in Indonesia. It's a beautiful country, I must admit. You cannot venture this country enough and you cannot find every single hidden paradises in this tropical country. What I hate? The society, the people, the government.

Mostly the fucking government.

Not only because the government is corrupt and would rather take some illegal money from criminals than actually lock them behind bars, they have a really stupid upcoming rule that I completely disagree with.

WARNING!! THESE ARE MY PERSONAL OPINIONS AND DOES NOT REFLECT ON THE OTHER CULT MEMBER'S. BLAME ME, NOT THEM, IF YOU TAKE OFFENSE. THANKS.

So apparently, students (GIRLS, NOT BOYS) will be put into a simple test. Yeah if it's a divergence test or if it's a test to see which house you're gonna be fit in to Hogwarts, I'd totally accept that with glee. But do you know what this 'simple' test is?

A virginity test.

YES. A FREAKING VIRGINITY TEST.

They claimed that it's for their own good. That senior females from ages 16-19 will have their hymen checked. Every year. Until graduation. Boys will not undergo the same test (I DON'T EVEN FUCKING KNOW WHY.) The plan has actually been approved by some of the local politicians. They claimed that if "girls can't keep this thing sacred they're not worthy enough."

You know what the worst thing is? If they do not pass this test [if they had lost their virginity] they will be barred from receiving their diplomas. Meaning? They cannot graduate high-school if they have done the deed.

I get it, Indonesia, you have such strong religious morals and performing intercourse outside of marriage is a fucking sin. But this is your people's education you're talking about, this is your DAUGHTERS' education, why are you standing between her and her dreams?

There are so many things wrong about this that I will list some of them down:

1. The hymen can break other than actually having intercourse (horseback riding, accidents, cycling and the worst of all, rape). Someone can lose their hymen accidentally, not because they wanted to but they got into some kind of an accident

2. So what if a girl lost her virginity? It's the 21st century and I bet it's not that much of a deal anyways in outside countries. People lose their virginities outside of marriage all the time. It's not a sacred thing that should be done between man and wife. So if a girl lost her virginity she's suddenly not worthy enough to receive her diploma and get more education, is that it?

3. The fact that they do not check on the boys' hurts me more. Why? This is so degrading. Why is it when a girl lost her virginity she is stamped as someone who doesn't have morals, as a slut, as a whore? But when a guy did lose his virginity, the government do not go up their dicks and check if they're still virgins. This is sexism, this is degrading.

4. What if the girl lost her virginity when she was raped? Would you take away her diploma from her? Make sure that she cannot get over her traumatic past? Is that it? Rape is a serious thing and I am so pissed off that the Indonesian government doesn't take this crime seriously. (They still blame the girls for dressing up inappropriately.)

5. Even if girls are uneducated because she lost her virginity, isn't it dumb to take her education away from her? If she is, like you claimed, uneducated why not give her more education rather than stripping her rights away from her?

This new rule will be signed because they think it's the best thing to do to make sure there are no more pregnant teenagers running around the streets. To make sure that there are no more girls with no hymen up their vaginas. To make sure that girls will stay pure for their husbands (but they do not make sure that boys will stay pure for their wives.)

Some people think virginity is sacred and I am okay with that.

Some people think virginity is just an abstract noun that people make up and I am okay with that.

However, I am not okay with people taking away a girl's educational rights just because she had lost her virginity when she's young (whether because of some kind of an accident or because of rape.)

God, I hate my country I am never going to fucking finish school here lol when I'm done with junior high I'm moving out bye corrupt community.

This is sexism. This is degrading. This is a government without morals. This is a biased society. And apparently, this is my country.

As usual, leave your opinions here and I'm sorry it's very long!!

- ayu or ofmichaelandmen