Chapter 24

Raelyn

Every passing day on the move with Vincent, I felt blessed. In the beginning of this journey, I thought I could find peace on my own, but the time I have spent getting to know Vincent, and hopping from one place to another, made me realize there was not a chance I could have gotten so far without him.

Feeling confident each morning I woke up was a regular thing. I often found myself looking forward to the future Vincent and I would create. The distance we have created between us and our past was great and I dwelled in the importance of positive thoughts, constantly.

We've been staying in small cities and towns to reduce the chances of being found, as well as moving farther to the west of the nation. One week turned into two, two to three, and on the fourth week, my relationship with Vincent was continuing to get deeper and more meaningful.

With so much time being spent together with no other distractions to impede our chemistry, I became more aware of how I truly felt about him. When my engagement was nearing, I forced myself to detach from Vincent as a means to face reality and not get heartbroken.

Stefano wasn't in between us anymore, so the line I had drawn between Vincent and I had quickly weathered away. I was being hopeful that Stefano had given up searching for me. It's been a month and it made sense to throw his ambition away.

My thoughts carried me to that night my parents and I dined in Stefano's home.

'You're good, Raelyn. And I'm a bad man.'

I closed and locked the door to our motel room, startling Vincent as he sat up from the bed with tired eyes. In the afternoon we fell asleep watching TV together and my hunger woke me up to go and get pizza for the evening.

"Finally awake, sleepy head?" I chuckled setting the pizza box on the nightstand.

He eyed the box in admiration before shifting his eyes at me with a skeptical look.
"You left?" He asked me, furrowing his eyebrows in concern.

"I'm a big girl, Vinny." I said taking a slice of pizza and plopping on the bed next to him.
He frowned for a split second before nodding his head. "I know baby, I just don't want-"
"Vincent, I get it. Just eat this pizza with me." I chuckled allowing his to lean and take a bite as well.

I almost forgot how good pizza tastes. After a couple large slices, I knew I had enough.

"I feel like I'm about to burst so, that's enough for now." I said shaking my head as I ripped my eyes away from looking at another slice. Vincent laughed at me and shrugged."More for me." He said nonchalantly. I smacked his hand away to stop him from getting another slice.

Unexpectedly he turned and started tickling me. I screamed and breathless giggles escaped my mouth as he attacked me with his fingers. He was on top of me, continuing his assault as I tried pushing him away, my hands on his bare chest and arms.

He smirked at me before leaning in and gently pressing his lips against mine. Our lips massaged each other and we made out, caressing each other affectionately.
The moment I felt him get hard against me, I broke away from the kiss, chuckling.

"What's so funny?" He asked with a warm smile.
"I just um, remembered something funny." I lied.

Vincent shook his head and grinned. "You're weird." He said poking my forehead before getting off me and reaching over for the last pizza slice.

For the next week, I could feel this kind of sexual tension even more between us. I felt like it was accelerated because we were living together and sleeping in the same space with each other. He hasn't forced me to do anything and never brought the topic of sex up. That didn't mean though, that he wasn't thinking about it.