Chapter 17

Raelyn

Raelyn

I stood there shaking for what seemed like forever. Wild emotions were swarming in circles in my head and I couldn't help but try to recall what had just happened between Stefano and I.

He kissed me, and I kissed him back.

I knew that's what happened but the events that lead up to that sudden action couldn't be beckoned. Perhaps I was just going through the motion.

Maybe I was just too shocked and only kissed him back because there was no point of resisting.

I was angry.  I was angry that I let him get to me, and angry that he had me in the grip of his hands. As a made man it wasn't a surprise he had a way of getting what he wanted.

I glared at the stairs that lead back to the party and clenched my jaw as I remembered that stupid smirk he had on his face. I shook my head. I had to get myself together. If I could get through this night, it meant success.

As I descended the stairs my mind drifted to Vincent. I cringed hard at myself. I felt a knot in my stomach at the guilt I felt.

The first thing I did when I joined the party was look for Gigi. I couldn't go to anyone else about what just happened. I saw Gigi by the delicacy table staring hard at the mints and chocolates.

There she is.

I maneuvered through many people telling me happy birthday and many others telling me how gorgeous I looked.

I even met Stefano's eyes from across the room and I gave him the iciest glare I could muster up yet he only returned it with a smirk. "Hey Gigi." I said joining her by the table. "Mmm," she responded, eating a piece of chocolate. I smiled and took one that was in the jar.

"So, you and stefano, I saw him take you up there." She said pointing to the long stairs. I immediately frowned at the mention of his name, causing her to knit her eyebrows together. "Why? What happened, what did he do?" She asked curious. The crinkle between her eyebrows appeared.

"He kissed me." I said straight forward. I watched her eyes slowly widen in shock. "He what?!" She whisper shouted. She was now standing in front of me, her face in my face.

I looked past her to see Stefano standing a good distance away, giving me a smirk in the midst of a conversation with Adriano.

"He kissed me, Gigi." I said again.
"What?! What did you do?" She asked incredulously. She looked at me eagerly. I knew I was about to disappoint her.

"I...tried not to give in but..." I looked at her as I trailed off, hoping she'd get the hint.

"You kissed him back." She said in a confused manner.

"Yes, And I don't understand myself for doing it." I said and frowned.
Gigi shook her head and crossed her arms. I knew there was something she wanted to say but she chose against it. He's an asshole. He's just taking advantage of how intimidating he is. Anyway, You're still thinking of Vincent?"Gigi asked me, saying the last part softly.